Benjamin de Blegiers is a Corporate partner in the Paris office.
His practice focuses on corporate transactions, particularly leveraged buyouts and other private equity transactions with an emphasis in the Energy and Infrastructure sectors. He regularly represents infrastructure funds, pension plans, insurance companies and other long-term investors on domestic and cross-border acquisitions, divestitures and build-ups.
Benjamin is a recognized leader in the Infrastructure sector who has been working on the most visible Infrastructure M&A transactions in Europe over the past years. He has been ranked “Next Generation M&A Lawyers” by Legal 500 (2019).
Benjamin joined Weil in 2019 from a major international law firm, where he was a partner in the Paris office.
Benjamin graduated from the Institute of Business Law and holds a Masters' degree in Business Law and Tax from the University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas (2004). He has been a member of the Paris Bar since 2006.
- EQT on the acquisition of the Saur group*
- MEAG on its acquisition of a minority stake in Indigo*
- APG, QIC and Swiss Life on their acquisition of a stake in the Brussels airport*
- CDC on the sale of a minority stake in Sanef*
- Meridiam on its acquisition of Allego*
- Ardian on the acquisition of a minority interest in LBC Tank Terminals*
- Eiffage and Macquarie in connection with the privatization of APRR*
*Matters prior to working for Weil, Gotshal & Manges.