Benjamin Brookstone is an associate in Weil’s Tax Department and is based in New York. Mr. Brookstone participates in the representation of public and private companies in connection with acquisitions, investments, divestitures, joint ventures and restructurings.
Mr. Brookstone has been part of the teams advising:
- American Capital (n/k/a Ares Capital) in its sales of American Driveline Systems, Inc. and eLynx, Ltd.
- American Securities in its acquisition of Henry Company LLC
- Bluegrass Materials Company, LLC in its $1.625 billion sale to Martin Marietta Materials, Inc.
- Breitburn Energy Partners LP in its $775 million sale of certain of its upstream assets to Birch Permian Holdings, Inc. and its $793 million sale of the remainder of its assets to Maverick Natural Resources LLC, via a chapter 11 reorganization
- EQT Infrastructure in its acquisition of Direct ChassisLink Inc.
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. (FNF) in its $229 million acquisition of Commissions, Inc.
- Genstar Capital in its sale of Tecomet Inc.
- Guidepost Growth Equity in its significant minority investment in Asurint
- L’Oréal USA (a subsidiary of L’Oréal S.A.) in its $1.2 billion acquisition of IT Cosmetics, LLC
- Ministry Brands, LLC (a portfolio company of Providence Strategic Growth Partners and Genstar Capital Management) in a significant investment by Insight Venture Partners with Providence exiting and Genstar retaining a significant minority position
- The NORDAM Group, Inc. in its receipt of a minority investment from The Carlyle Group to finance in part NORDAM’s exit from chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan in the formation of Aethon United LP, a joint venture with Aethon Energy and Redbird Capital Partners, and its acquisition of several oil and gas properties, including the upstream and midstream oil and gas assets of J-W Operating Company and its affiliates; and in a joint venture with Aethon Energy in the $735 million acquisition of the northwest Louisiana natural gas assets from QEP Resources, Inc.
- Perella Weinberg Partners in its combination with Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.
- Providence Equity Partners in its minority investment in EZLinks Golf Holdings, LLC
- SGS SA in its $335 million sale of Petroleum Services Corporation to Aurora Capital Partners
- Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC in its $4.6 billion sale of substantially all of its global business to Brookfield Business Partners L.P.
Mr. Brookstone received his J.D. and LL.M., with distinction, from Georgetown University Law Center and his B.A. and B.M., cum laude, from Rice University.