Benjamin Adelson is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Mr. Adelson participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions and divestitures. Mr. Adelson assists in advising private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on a broad range of general corporate, securities laws and corporate governance matters.
Mr. Adelson has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its acquisition of Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P.
- Efficient Collaborative Retail Marketing Company, LLC (a portfolio company of Snow Phipps Group) in its acquisition of RangeMe USA LLC
- General Electric Company in its sales of its stakes in Hyundai Capital Services, a joint venture between Hyundai Motor Company and GE Capital, and Hyundai Card Co., a joint venture between Hyundai Motor Company and GE
- Goldman Sachs Infrastructure Partners, as minority investor in Mount Royal Holdings LLC in Mount Royal’s recapitalization of ExteNet Systems, Inc.
- Lee Equity Partners in its sale of PDR Network, LLC
- Lone Star in its acquisition of Bentley Mills, Inc.
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of The Kenan Advantage Group, Inc.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its acquisitions of Aurora Plastics Group, Inc. and APCO Holdings, Inc.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its investment in PaySimple Inc.
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board, as part of a global investor group, in the acquisition of ownership stakes in AlixPartners and in its acquisition with Lightyear Capital of AIG Advisor Group Inc.
- Snow Phipps Group in its acquisitions of DecoPac, Inc., Ideal Tridon Holdings, Inc., Efficient Collaborative Retail Marketing Company, LLC and Electric Guard Dog, LLC, and in its sale of ZeroChaos, Inc.
- SoftBank Group Corp. in its pending $3.3 billion acquisition of Fortress Investment Group LLC
Mr. Adelson grew up in Toronto, Canada, and he received his B.A., with honors, and his J.D. from Queen’s University.