Bastian Shah is an associate in Weil’s Tax Department and is based in New York. Bastian participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to the tax aspects of a wide range of corporate transactions.
Bastian has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International, as selling shareholder, in a $137 million secondary sale of 9.8 million shares of common stock of Sovos Brands
- Biofarma Group (a portfolio company of Ardian) in a $363 million 144A / Reg S offering by Kepler S.p.A.
- A global private equity firm in its acquisition of retail, office, and hotel real estate assets
- Marcone Supply (a portfolio company of Genstar Capital) in its acquisition of The Bell Pump Service Company and The Simons Company, Inc.
- MGM Resorts International in its $17.2 billion sale of MGM Growth Properties LLC to VICI Properties Inc.
- Sunoco LP in its pending approximately $7.3 billion acquisition of NuStar Energy L.P.
Bastian received his J.D. from Columbia University and his B.A. from New York University.