Austin Freeman is an associate in Weil’s Corporate Department and is based in Dallas. Mr. Freeman participates in the representation of public and private companies, private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Freeman has been part of the teams advising:
- Aimbridge Hospitality Holdings, LLC in its sale to Advent International.
- Basic Energy Services, Inc. in its acquisition of C&J Well Services, in a transaction funded in large part by senior secured notes contributed by Ascribe Capital in exchange for a majority stake in Basic Energy.
- Culligan International Company (a portfolio company of Advent International) in its $1.1 billion take-private acquisition of AquaVenture Holdings Limited and in its sale of Seven Seas Water Corporation.
- Gores Holdings III, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its business combination with Pacific Architects and Engineers, Inc. (PAE) (a portfolio company of Platinum Equity) with an initial enterprise value of approximately $1.55 billion.
- Main Event Entertainment, Inc., a subsidiary of Ardent Leisure Group Limited, in Ardent's sale of a 24.2% stake in Main Event to RedBird Capital Partners together with an option for Redbird to acquire a controlling stake within a defined period
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its investment, alongside Silversmith Capital Partners, in Validity, Inc.
- RealPage, Inc. in its $580 million acquisition of Buildium LLC and in its acquisition of Investor Management Services, LLC.
- Tower Three Partners in its sale of NTS Communications, Inc.
- TPG Global in the acquisition by TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global, of the stock of Accel Entertainment, Inc., with the resulting entity having an initial enterprise value of approximately $884 million.
- The management team of U.S. Renal Care, Inc., together with Bain Capital and other investors in the acquisition of U.S. Renal Care from Leonard Green & Partners and other institutional investors.
Mr. Freeman received his J.D. from Duke University School of Law and his B.B.A., magna cum laude, from Texas A&M University.