Austin Freeman is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in Dallas. Austin participates in the representation of public and private companies, private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Austin has been part of the teams advising:
- Aimbridge Hospitality Holdings, LLC in its sale to Advent International.
- ATI Physical Therapy Holdings, LLC (a portfolio company of Advent International) in its $2.5 billion business combination with Fortress Value Acquisition Corp. II, a SPAC sponsored by Fortress Investment Group.
- Basic Energy Services, Inc. in its acquisition of C&J Well Services, in a transaction funded in large part by senior secured notes contributed by Ascribe Capital in exchange for a majority stake in Basic Energy.
- Culligan International Company (a portfolio company of Advent International) in its $1.1 billion take-private acquisition of AquaVenture Holdings Limited and in its sale of Seven Seas Water Corporation.
- Gores Holdings III, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its $1.55 billion business combination with Pacific Architects and Engineers, Inc. (PAE) (a portfolio company of Platinum Equity).
- Gores Metropoulos II, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by Gores Metropoulos Sponsor II LLC (an affiliate of The Gores Group and Dean Metropoulos), in its $2.2 billion business combination with Sonder Holdings.
- Main Event Entertainment, Inc., a subsidiary of Ardent Leisure Group Limited, in Ardent's sale of a 24.2% stake in Main Event to RedBird Capital Partners together with an option for Redbird to acquire a controlling stake within a defined period
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its investment, alongside Silversmith Capital Partners, in Validity, Inc.
- RealPage, Inc. in its $580 million acquisition of Buildium LLC and in its acquisition of Investor Management Services, LLC.
- Topgolf International, Inc. (a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners, Dundon Capital Partners and WestRiver Group) in its $2 billion merger of equals with Callaway Golf Company.
- Tower Three Partners in its sale of NTS Communications, Inc.
- TPG Global in the acquisition by TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Pace Group, of the stock of Accel Entertainment, Inc., with the resulting entity having an initial enterprise value of approximately $884 million.
- The management team of U.S. Renal Care, Inc., together with Bain Capital and other investors in the acquisition of U.S. Renal Care from Leonard Green & Partners and other institutional investors.
Austin received his J.D. from Duke University School of Law and his B.B.A., magna cum laude, from Texas A&M University.