Ariel Simon is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Ms. Simon participates in the representation of public and private companies, including private equity funds, in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. She also participates in providing counsel regarding general corporate matters, including reporting requirements, corporate governance issues, defensive measures and other strategic considerations.
Ms. Simon has been part of the teams advising:
- Delta Topco Limited in its $7.8 billion sale to Liberty Media Corporation
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. (FNF) in its approximately $1.2 billion acquisition of Stewart Information Services Corporation, and in its redemption of all tracking stock shares of Fidelity National Financial Ventures in exchange for shares of common stock of Cannae Holdings, Inc., following which Cannae became an independent, publicly traded company, and FNF ceased to have a tracking stock structure
- General Electric Company in its $3.4 billion sale of GE Water to SUEZ
- JAB Holding Company, as leader of an investment group, in that group's $13.9 billion take-private of Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
- The Kroger Company in its $2.15 billion sale of its convenience store business unit to EG Group
- The founders of Magnetar Capital in the sale of a minority interest in Magnetar Capital Partners
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan in its acquisition of PhyMed Management LLC
- Partners Group Limited in its acquisition, on behalf of its clients, of a majority stake in Pacific Bells, Inc.
- Paul J. Taubman and his firm PJT Partners in the combination of PJT Partners with the financial and strategic advisory services, restructuring and reorganization advisory services, and Park Hill fund placement businesses of Blackstone and the spin-out of the combined business to create an independent, publicly traded company
- Ripple Brand Collective, LLC in its sale to The Hershey Company
Ms. Simon received her J.D., cum laude, from Northwestern University School of Law and her B.A. with honors from the University of Chicago.