Mr. Cahill has been part of the teams advising:
- Apax Partners
- in, together with L Catterton as lead investors, a $285 million Series E funding round for ClassPass Inc.;
- in its $177 million acquisition of a stake in Signavio GmbH via a Series C financing round and the acquisition of Series A and Series B shares from Summit Partners and founders, both of which retained an equity stake;
- in, together with New Enterprise Associates as lead investors, a $100 million equity and debt funding round for Moda Operandi, Inc.; and
- as lead investor in a $100 million Series H funding round for Payfone, Inc.
- Brighton Park Capital as lead investor in a Series C funding round for Glassbox Ltd.
- CPP Investments as, together with Silver Lake and Mubadala Investment Company, lead investors in the $2.25 billion first external investment round for Waymo LLC.
- CommentSold, Inc. and its founding shareholders in the sale of a majority stake to ZMC Advisors.
- Consortium advisor to Brookfield Business Partners L.P. in, together with Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and other institutional partners, the $13.2 billion acquisition of Johnson Controls’ Power Solutions.
- Eli Lilly and Company in a global licensing and research collaboration with Avidity Biosciences LLC, including Lilly’s investment in Avidity as partial financing for the transaction.
- HawkEye 360, Inc., in its $70 million Series B investment round, led by Airbus and existing investors Razor’s Edge Ventures, Allied Minds and Shield Capital Partners.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board, in a joint venture with Aethon Energy, in the $735 million acquisition of natural gas and oil producing properties, undeveloped acreage and associated gas gathering and treating systems in the Haynesville/Cotton Valley area of Louisiana (the northwest Louisiana natural gas assets) from QEP Resources, Inc.
- Providence Equity Partners, through its portfolio company Tempo Music Investments, LLC, in its acquisition of the assets of Influence Media Music SPV, LLC; in its acquisition of certain assets of Barometer Music Royalty Fund I Inc.; and in its joint venture with Warner Music Group Corp.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners
- in its acquisition of Chatmeter, Inc.;
- in its investment in Payrix Holdings, LLC, together with Blue Star Innovation Partners, the investment capital fund of Jerry Jones and the Jones Family;
- in its minority investments in Vertical Knowledge LLC, Impact Holdings, Inc. and DivvyCloud Corporation; and
- its sale of YourCause Holdings, LLC.
- PSP Investments
- as lead investor in a Series A investment in Integral Health, Inc.
- as co-investor in Bright Health, Inc.
- SoftBank Vision Fund
- as lead investor in a $1 billion investment round in the Advanced Technologies Group of Uber Technologies Inc.;
- in its $500 million investment in the autonomous vehicles division of Didi; and
- in its $300 million investment in Gympass.
- Susquehanna Growth Equity and Accel Partners in their sale of XebiaLabs, Inc.
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Cahill was a corporate associate at a Boston-based law firm and, prior to that, as counsel at Telerik Inc., where he advised on all legal aspects of the company’s business, including up and through its sale to a strategic buyer.
Mr. Cahill received his J.D. from Northeastern University School of Law and his B.S. from Cornell University. Mr. Cahill has been named a “Rising Star” in Mergers & Acquisition by Massachusetts Super Lawyers.