Andrew Stotts is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in Dallas. Mr. Stotts participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
Mr. Stotts has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International in its acquisition of ZingFit LLC
- Aethon Energy in its $735 million acquisition of the northwest Louisiana natural gas assets from QEP Resources, Inc.
- BroadStreet Partners, Inc. (a portfolio company of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan) in recapitalization transactions involving a new equity investment by affiliates of Century Equity Partners and a $100 million second lien debt and equity investment by affiliates of Penfund Partners
- General Electric Company in its $2.6 billion sale of GE Industrial Solutions
- Koshidaka Holdings Co., Ltd. in the U.S. aspects of its acquisition of Curves and of Curves for Women II, L.C.
- Lindsay Goldberg in its acquisition of Big Ass Solutions
- A consortium led by Mubadala Investment Company in the sale of its approximately 60% equity interest in EMI Music Publishing to Sony Corporation of America, in a transaction valued at approximately $4.75 billion
- ORIX Capital Partners in its acquisition of NTI Connect and in the sale by its portfolio company, Hoffman Southwest Corporation, of all of Hoffman's Roto-Rooter franchise operations to Roto-Rooter Services Company
- Providence Equity Partners and its portfolio companies in various transactions, including Tempo Music Investments, LLC (Tempo) in its acquisitions of the assets of Influence Media Music SPV, LLC and certain assets of Barometer Music Royalty Fund I Inc.; and in Tempo’s joint venture with Warner Music Group Corp.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners and its portfolio companies in various transactions, including its acquisitions of Next Glass, Inc., ShootProof, LLC and ThreatConnect, Inc.; and in the sale of a significant ownership stake in EverCommerce to Silver Lake
- Transaction Services Group Limited (TSG) (a portfolio company of Advent International) in its acquisitions of TrueCoach and Mariana Tek Corporation
- Woodspring Hotels Holdings LLC (a portfolio company of Lindsay Goldberg) in its $231 million sale of WoodSpring Hotels Franchise Services LLC to Choice Hotels International, Inc. and in its sale of more than 100 company-owned hotel properties to funds affiliated with Brookfield Strategic Real Estate Partners II
Mr. Stotts is recognized for Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law in the inaugural 2021 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch and is recognized as a “Rising Star” in Texas for M&A and Business/Corporate by Super Lawyers* in 2020.
Mr. Stotts received hais J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law and his B.B.A., summa cum laude, from Texas A&M University.
* Super Lawyers recognition is a Thomson Reuters service