Prior to joining Weil, Andrew was a Tax associate at another law firm. While in law school, he served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Jose E. Martinez of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Andrew is also licensed as a certified public accountant in Florida.
Andrew received his J.D. and LL.M., summa cum laude and Order of the Coif, from the University of Miami School of Law, where he served as a member on the University of Miami Law Review and was a recipient of the J. Donald & Agnes E. Shoecraft Scholarship. He also received Book Awards in Advanced Corporate Tax; Income Tax of Trusts and Estates; Federal Income Tax I; Legal Research Techniques; Mindful Ethics; and Legal Communication and Research I & II. Andrew received his B.S., cum laude, in Accounting from the University of Florida.
- Access Industries Inc. in the tax aspects of the $1.2 billion merger of Deezer S.A. with I2PO, a SPAC.
- Jack Creek Investment Corp, a SPAC sponsored by KSH Capital, in its business combination with Bridger Aerospace Group Holdings, LLC, in a transaction that values Bridger at $869 million.
- Goldman Sachs in its acquisition of NextCapital Group, Inc.
- GS Acquisition Holdings Corp II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of Goldman Sachs, in its $2.6 billion business combination with Mirion Technologies, Inc. (at the time, a portfolio company of Charterhouse Capital Partners).
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, as an investor in Chisholm Energy Holdings, LLC (a portfolio company of Warburg Pincus and OTPP), in Chisholm’s $604 million sale of its assets to Earthstone Energy, Inc.
- Vonage Holdings Corp. in its $6.2 billion sale to Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson.
- Wejo Limited in its $1.1 billion business combination with Virtuoso Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Virtuoso Sponsor LLC.