Ms. Ryken has been part of the teams advising:
- Eli Lilly and Company in its $5.4 billion acquisition of the animal health business of Novartis AG and in its $960 million acquisition of CoLucid Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. in its approximately $1.2 billion acquisition of Stewart Information Services Corporation.
- First Data Corporation in its $750 million acquisition via cash tender offer of CardConnect Corp.
- IHS Inc. in its $13 billion merger of equals with Markit Limited.
- Kinder Morgan, Inc. and Kinder Morgan Canada Limited in their $3.5 billion sale of Trans Mountain Pipelines Inc. and the Trans Mountain Expansion Project to the Government of Canada.
- MGM Resorts International in its formation of MGM Growth Properties LLC (MGP) and on the corporate aspects of MGP’s $1.05 billion initial public offering; and in its $1.175 billion sale of the real property of the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City, New Jersey to MGM Growth Properties LLC.
- Nexeo Solutions, Inc. in its pending $2 billion sale to Univar Inc.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its acquisition of PetVet Care Centers, LLC.
- Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Starz, Inc. in Starz's $4.4 billion sale to Lions Gate Entertainment Corporation.
- Tianqi Lithium Corporation in its pending $4.07 billion acquisition of approximately 63 million A Shares of Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile S.A.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (n/k/a Bausch Health Companies) in its $495 million acquisition of the worldwide rights to the cancer vaccine, Provenge, and certain other assets from Dendreon Corporation.
- Verizon Communications Inc. in its $4.4 billion acquisition of AOL Inc.
- Vertical / Trigen Holdings, LLC (a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners) in its combination with Osmotica Holdings Corp Limited.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., together with KKR as investors in a newly formed company, in that company's $1.4 billion take-private of PharMerica Corporation.
- Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC in its $4.6 billion sale of substantially all of its global business to Brookfield Business Partners L.P.
- York Capital Management, Valinor Management and Halcyon Capital Management, principal equity owners of NextDecade, LLC, in the $1 billion reverse merger of NextDecade with SPAC Harmony Merger Corp.
Ms. Ryken is actively involved in pro bono work within the Firm. In 2016, Ms. Ryken was part of the team that received a clemency grant from President Obama on behalf of a pro bono client, commuting his life sentence in prison. The client’s petition was filed as part of Weil’s participation in the Clemency Project, which was undertaken in response to the President’s initiative to commute federal prison sentences of non-violent, lower-level drug offenders who, due to previously harsh drug sentencing laws, were sentenced to terms of imprisonment of decades or even life.
Ms. Ryken received her J.D., cum laude, from Northwestern University Law, where she served as Managing Editor of the Northwestern Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology and co-published a note with Professor Shari Diamond titled, ”The Modern American Jury: A One Hundred Year Journey,” which was published in Judicature (May-June 2013). She received her B.A., summa cum laude, from Loyola Marymount University.