Alexis is a former trial attorney at the Department of Justice Antitrust Division, where she focused on telecommunications matters. She worked on significant merger investigations and was an integral member of the Division’s trial team in the ATT/Time Warner Litigation. Alexis was awarded the Assistant Attorney General Award in 2018 and 2019 for her work on key Division matters. Alexis also previously worked as an honors paralegal in the Federal Trade Commission’s Bureau of Competition, where she assisted on merger and non-merger investigations and received an Official Commendation for Meritorious Service for her work on the Federal Trade Commission and Department of Justice Commentary on the Horizontal Merger Guidelines.
Alexis received her J.D., with honors, from the George Washington University Law School, where she served as articles editor for The George Washington International Law Review. She earned her B.A., summa cum laude, from Virginia Tech, where she was elected to membership in Phi Beta Kappa.
Awards and Recognition, Speaking Engagements, Guides and Resources, Latest Thinking, Firm News & Announcements
- Revisions to HSR Act Filing Thresholds, Fee Structure and Civil Penalties, and Revisions to Clayton Act Section 8 Thresholds Alert — Antitrust/Competition — By Vadim M. Brusser, Michael C. Naughton, Alexis Brown-Reilly, Dan S. Nobil and Marie-Marie O. de Fays — PDF — January 24, 2023
- Major Changes to HSR Filing Fees Alert — Antitrust/Competition — By Vadim M. Brusser, Michael C. Naughton, Alexis Brown-Reilly, Dan S. Nobil and Marie-Marie O. de Fays — PDF — December 29, 2022
- Revisions to HSR Act Filing Thresholds, Civil Penalty Maximum, and Interlocking Directorate Thresholds Alert — Antitrust/Competition — By Vadim M. Brusser, Michael C. Naughton and Alexis Brown-Reilly — PDF — February 02, 2021
- FTC Allows GE to Acquire Aviation Business, Subject to Behavioral Remedies to Eliminate Anticompetitive Concern Related to Existing GE Joint Venture Alert — Antitrust/Competition Perspectives — Weil Antitrust/Competition Perspectives — By Alexis Brown-Reilly — August 26, 2013
- FTC Orders Behavioral Remedies on Years-Old Acquisitions Alert — Antitrust/Competition Perspectives — By Alexis Brown-Reilly — May 06, 2013
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advises TPG in its $2.7B Acquisition of Angelo Gordon Deal Brief — May 15, 2023
- Weil Advises Advent International on its $6.4B Acquisition of Dual-Listed Maxar Technologies Deal Brief — December 16, 2022