Alex has been part of the teams advising:
- Apergy Corporation (n/k/a ChampionX Corporation) in a Reverse Morris Trust acquisition of ChampionX (f/k/a Nalco Champion) from Ecolab Inc. creating an entity with a combined $7.4 billion enterprise value
- Ditech Holding Corporation (f/k/a Walter Investment Management Corp.) in its $1.1 billion sale of Ditech Financial LLC to New Residential Investment Corp. and $762 million sale of Reverse Mortgage Solutions, Inc. to Mortgage Assets Management, LLC
- Fortress Value Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Fortress Investment Group, in its acquisition of Secure Natural Resources and MP Materials in a stock-for-stock transaction that valued the combined company at $1.5 billion
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES Inc. in its up to $740 million sale of Avera Semiconductor LLC
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan in its acquisition of a majority stake in NVISION
- Vivial Media LLC (a portfolio company of Blackstone Credit) and its subsidiary mGage in the $215 million sale of mGage to Kaleyra, Inc.
Alex is actively involved in the Firm’s pro bono efforts, including regularly assisting Weil teams in representing and counseling not-for-profit clients in corporate and governance matters. Recently, Alex also worked as part of a Weil team, in collaboration with Sanctuary for Families, that successfully defended a mother and her children in proceedings commenced in New York federal court under the Hague Convention for International Child Abduction. In November 2019, the Eastern District of New York dismissed the petition against Weil’s clients.
Alex received his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania Law School, where he was Managing Editor of the University of Pennsylvania Law Review, and his B.S.B.A., summa cum laude, from the University of Florida.