Alex has experience on a wide range of structured finance transactions and structured products including securitisations across a variety of asset classes and debt portfolio acquisitions established using a securitisation structure.
Alex has particular expertise with collateralised loan obligation transactions (CLOs), distressed debt/NPL financings and debt portfolio acquisitions. He represents a number of leading global CLO managers, investment funds and bank arrangers. He was also part of the team which advised on the IFLR “Structured Finance and Securitisation Deal of the Year 2014”, Blackstone / GSO’s Phoenix Park CLO. The transaction was notable for containing a retention structure that became a new reference point in the CLO market.
Legal 500 UK has recognised Alex as a recommended rising star and has named Alex one of its “Next Generation Lawyers” for Securitisation.
Representative experience includes:
- A global investment firm on an innovative structure for the securitisation and turnaround servicing of non-performing loan exposures in Greece and Germany and on its investment into an Irish NPL transaction.
- A global investment firm on its bid for several Greek non-performing loan portfolios.
- A major financial institution on several of its European CLO transactions.
- A major private equity firm on the securitisation of a portfolio of UK project development loans along with the related servicing arrangements.
- Advent International on derivatives related to the financing of its acquisition of KMD, a Denmark-based information technology and software company.
- BlackRock on all of its European CLO transactions since it entered the market.
- Blackstone / GSO on all of its European CLO 2.0 transactions and several of its U.S. CLOs, numbering over 30 transactions.
- Blackstone / GSO on its establishment of a loan investment business, the related financing arrangements and its $1bn+ London Stock Exchange listed fund, BGLF.
- Blackstone / GSO on an asset-backed leveraged loan facility to fund its loan investment business.
- Brigade on its first three European CLO transactions.
- Deutsche Bank as arranger on several transactions and various retention financing arrangements.
- Goldentree Asset Management on its inaugural European CLO transaction, Laurelin 2016-1.
- Guggenheim on three CLO transactions from its Cork Street platform.
- Investcorp on the reset of its Harvest XVI transaction.
- The Lehman Brothers estate as part of a team advising on various CDO settlement agreements.
- Oaktree Capital Management on all of its European CLO transactions since 2015.
- The Carlyle Group investment manager CELF Advisors on all of its European CLO transactions since 2013 and its risk retention financing facilities.
- General Motors on complex derivatives issues relating to its acquisition of GMAC’s European entities, including numerous structured finance positions.