Alex has experience on a wide range of structured finance transactions and structured products including securitisations across a variety of asset classes, repackagings and other structured note issuances.
As part of a team, Alex represents many leading global CLO managers. He was also part of the team which advised on the IFLR “Structured Finance and Securitisation Deal of the Year 2014”, Blackstone / GSO’s Phoenix Park CLO. The transaction was notable for containing a retention structure that became a new reference point in the CLO market.
Alex has provided advice, as part of a team, on default management and the restructuring of structured finance deals, including the Special Administrators of MF Global UK and the Lehman Brothers estate, and has acted on a number of non-performing loan securitisation transactions.
He also advises on OTC derivatives (including perfect asset swaps for loan and securitisation hedging) and a number of other funding driven derivative arrangements.
Representative experience as part of a team includes:
- A global investment firm on an innovative structure for the securitisation and turnaround servicing of non-performing loan exposures in Greece and Germany.
- Advent International on derivatives related to the financing of its acquisition of KMD, a Denmark-based information technology and software company.
- BlackRock on its inaugural European CLO transaction, BlackRock European CLO I and BlackRock European CLO II.
- Blackstone / GSO on all of its European CLO 2.0 transactions and its U.S. CLO, Dorchester Park.
- Blackstone / GSO on its establishment of a loan origination business and the related financing arrangements.
- Deutsche Bank as arranger on the CQS CLO transactions and various retention financing arrangements.
- Goldentree Asset Management on its inaugural European CLO transaction, Laurelin 2016-1.
- Oaktree Capital Management on all of its European CLO transactions since 2015.
- The Carlyle Group investment manager CELF Advisors on all of its European CLO transactions since 2013.
- General Motors on complex derivatives issues relating to its acquisition of GMAC’s European entities, including numerous structured finance positions.
- Various hedge funds on distressed investments and acquisitions of non-performing loan portfolios.