Alex Farr is counsel in Weil’s Tax Department and is based in Dallas. Mr. Farr participates in the representation of Firm clients with respect to the tax aspects of a wide range of corporate transactions.
Mr. Farr has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International Corporation in its acquisition of a 45% stake in Conservice, LLC
- American Securities in its acquisition of CPM Holdings, Inc.
- Boyd Corporation (a portfolio company of Genstar Capital) in its acquisition of Action Fabricators, Inc.
- Campbell Soup Company in its $2.2 billion sale of Campbell International, Inc. and in its sales of all EMEA operations of Kettle Foods and Yellow Chips, Bolthouse Farms, Garden Fresh Gourmet and Kelsen Group A/S
- Churchill Downs, Inc. in its $500 million acquisition of a majority stake in Midwest Gaming Holdings, LLC
- Easton Energy LLC (a portfolio company of Cresta Energy Capital), in its $177 million acquisition of 416 miles of Gulf Coast natural gas liquids pipeline systems assets from The Williams Companies, Inc.
- Genstar Capital in its sale of Boyd Corporation
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES Inc. in its up to $740 million sale of Avera Semiconductor LLC to Marvell Technology Group Ltd.; and in its $430 million sale of a semiconductor fabrication plant for the manufacture of 300mm-size wafers used in the production of integrated circuits to ON Semiconductor Corporation
- HCL Technologies Limited in the $330 million acquisition of Actian Corporation
- Jefferson Capital Systems (a portfolio company of J.C. Flowers) in its acquisition of Canastream Holdings Ltd.
- Kainos Capital in its acquisition of good2grow LLC
- Koshidaka Holdings Co., Ltd. in the U.S. aspects of its acquisition of Curves and of Curves for Women II, L.C.
- LifeWorks Corporation Ltd. (at the time a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners and Cannae Holdings) in its $325 million sale to Morneau Shepell, Inc.
- Nexeo Solutions, Inc. in its $2 billion sale to Univar Inc. and its $640 million sale of Nexeo Solutions Plastics to One Rock Capital Partners
- Old Ironsides Energy in the $1.75 billion sale of three Delaware Basin subsidiary companies of Brazos Midstream Holdings, LLC to Morgan Stanley Infrastructure
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP) in the formation of Trivium Packaging through a combination of OTPP's portfolio company, Exal Corporation, with the Food & Specialty Metal Packaging business of Ardagh Group and in the acquisition and sale of its stake in Cole-Parmer (a portfolio company of Golden Gate Capital)
- Providence Equity Partners in its growth equity investment in TAIT, LLC (f/k/a TAIT Towers Inc.)
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its acquisitions of BirdDogHR and ExakTime Innovations, Inc.
- RealPage, Inc. in its $580 million acquisition of Buildium LLC and in its acquisition of Investor Management Services, LLC
- Select Interior Concepts, Inc. in its acquisition of substantially all the assets of Summit Stoneworks, LLC
- Total S.A. in its pending $8.8 billion acquisition of all of the oil and natural gas assets, liabilities, businesses and operations of Anadarko Petroleum Corporation in each of Algeria, Ghana, Mozambique and South Africa
- TPG Tech Adjacencies in its investment in FreedomPay, Inc.
- Valence Surface Technologies, Inc. (a portfolio company of Trive Capital) in its acquisition of Triumph Processing, Inc. and in Trive Capital’s sale of Valence Surface Technologies, Inc.
- Vector Solutions (a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners), as parent of RedVector.com, LLC, in RedVector's acquisition of Convergence Training, LLC; and subsequently Providence Equity Partners in its sale of Vector Solutions
- WPX Energy, Inc. in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Felix Energy
Mr. Farr has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in Texas for Tax by Super Lawyers* 2018-2020.
* Super Lawyers recognition is a Thomson Reuters service