Alexa has been part of the teams advising on the Technology & IP aspects of:
- 605 in its strategic data partnership with Charter Communications
- Adobe Systems Incorporated in its acquisitions of Fotolia LLC, TubeMogul Inc., Aviary, Inc., Livefyre, Inc., Mixamo, Inc. and of certain assets comprising the Digital Analytix business of comScore, Inc.
- American Securities in its $1.37 billion take-private of Foundation Building Materials and Emerald Kalama Chemical, LLC in its pending $1.1 billion sale to LANXESS AG
- Apergy Corporation (n/k/a ChampionX Corporation) in a Reverse Morris Trust acquisition of ChampionX (f/k/a Nalco Champion) from Ecolab Inc. creating an entity with a combined $7.4 billion enterprise value
- Belmond Ltd. in its $3.2 billion sale to LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE
- Berkshire Partners in its majority recapitalization of National Carwash Solutions Inc. (a portfolio company of AEA Investors)
- Blackstone Growth, as a participant together with EQT Growth, in a $450 million funding round for Epidemic Sound Holding II AB, in a transaction that valued Epidemic at $1.4 billion and its investment in ISN Software Corporation, in a transaction that valued ISN over $2 billion
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in its approximately $4.8 billion acquisition of a 61.2% stake in Oaktree Capital Group, LLC
- Brookfield Principal Credit LLC, as administrative agent and collateral agent for the lenders, in the $928 million 363 asset sale of the North American assets of Bumble Bee Foods, LLC
- Cornell Capital in its acquisition of INW Manufacturing LLC
- Deluxe Corporation in its $960 million acquisition of First American Payment Systems, L.P.
- eBay, Inc. in its acquisitions of PhiSix, Cargigi Inc. and the machine translation business of AppTek
- Facebook, Inc. in its $16 billion acquisition of WhatsApp
- Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corp. II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of Trasimene Capital Management, LLC and led by William P. Foley II, in a $9 billion business combination with Paysafe Limited
- Fortress Value Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Fortress Investment Group, in its acquisition of Secure Natural Resources and MP Materials, together the owner and operator of Mountain Pass, in a stock-for-stock transaction that valued the combined company at $1.5 billion
- Froneri International Limited (a joint venture between Nestlé and PAI Partners) in its $4 billion acquisition of Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Holdings, Inc.
- GI Partners in its acquisition of Vast Broadband
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES Inc. in its acquisition of the global commercial semiconductor technology business of International Business Machines Corporation; its up to $740 million sale of Avera Semiconductor LLC; and its $430 million sale of a semiconductor fabrication plant to ON Semiconductor Corporation
- Gores Holdings V, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in its $8.5 billion business combination with Ardagh Metal Packaging S.A.
- Gores Metropoulos, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by affiliates of The Gores Group and Metropoulos & Co., in its $3.4 billion merger with Luminar Technologies, Inc.
- Hayfin Capital Management in, together with EW Healthcare Partners, a $100 million convertible preferred equity investment in MiMedx Group, Inc. and Hayfin, as lender, in the concurrent provision of $75 million term facilities for MiMedx
- Infinite Electronics, Inc. (a portfolio company of Genstar Capital) in the sale of its Kaelus Brands subsidiary to Microdata Telecom Innovation AB
- Lenovo Group Ltd. in its approximately $2.9 billion acquisition of the Motorola Mobility smartphone business from Google Inc.
- LIN Media LLC (a portfolio company of Kainos Capital) in its $2.6 billion merger with Media General, Inc.
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. in its $21 billion sale to Analog Devices, Inc.
- Opera Mediaworks Inc. in its acquisitions of AdColony Inc., SurfEasy, Yvolver, Inc. and adQuota
- The Oneida Indian Nation in its partnership with Caesars Entertainment
- Orva in the sale of a 50% stake to Trilantic Capital Partners
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Singlewire Software, LLC; its acquisition, together with Blue Star Innovation Partners, of PatientNOW; its strategic investment in Wagepoint Inc.; and the sale of its controlling interest in Tribute Technology Holdings, LLC
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. in its acquisition of SmartThings
- Silver Lake Sumeru in its sale of Velocity Technology Solutions, Inc.
- Snow Phipps Group in its sale of Kele, Inc. and Brook & Whittle Limited in its acquisition of Label Impressions, Inc., Wizard Labels LLC, the assets of Innovative Labeling Solutions, Inc. and substantially all of the assets of Tri Print LLC
- Synopsys, Inc. in its acquisitions of Coverity, Goanna Software, Atrenta, Winter Logic and Codenomicon and asset acquisitions from Quotium Technologies and Silicon Vision
- Tianjin Zhonghuan Semiconductor Co., Ltd. (TZS) as sponsor in its approximately $1 billion sponsored spin-off of Maxeon Solar Technologies, Ltd with TZS investing $298 million for an approximately 29% stake in Maxeon
- TurnKey Vacation Rentals, Inc. in its merger with Vacasa LLC
- Yahoo Inc. in its acquisitions of Flurry, Inc., Sparq, Tomfoolery, Cooliris, Inc. and BrightRoll, Inc. and the $4.5 billion sale of its operating business to Verizon Communications Inc.
Alexa is also recognized as a “Rising Star” in Northern California for Technology Transactions by Super Lawyers*.
Alexa received her J.D., with honors, from The University of Chicago Law School, where she served as Comment Editor on The University of Chicago Law Review and on the board of the Intellectual Property Law Society, and her B.A. from Stanford University. While at Stanford, she studied the economic framework of intellectual property protection and digital technology.
*Super Lawyers recognition is a Thomson Reuters service