Mr. Purtill has worked in Weil’s New York and Silicon Valley offices, starting in 2007. Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Purtill was an associate at an Australian-based international firm in the Energy, Resources and Infrastructure Group.
Mr. Purtill has been an active member of the Firm’s green committee throughout his career at Weil, and has a varied pro bono practice, working with asylees, refugees, veterans, the board of directors of the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation, as well as a number of social responsibility organizations.
Private Equity and Growth Capital
- Aquiline Capital Partners in its acquisition of Ontellus
- Genstar Capital in various transactions, including:
- its acquisition of Power Products Holdings LLC from Sentinel Capital Partners and in its partial sale to Brunswick Corporation
- its acquisition of Infinite RF Holdings, Inc. from Windjammer Capital Investors
- its acquisition of Ohio Transmission Corporation from Irving Place Capital
- its acquisition of Truck-Lite Company LLC (n/k/a Clarience Technologies, LLC)
- in, together with TA Associates, the acquisition of Orion Advisor Solutions, following the merger of Orion and Brinker Capital
- its sale of ECM Industries, LLC
- Infinite Electronics, Inc. (formerly Infinite RF Holdings, Inc.), a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, in numerous restructurings, commercial transactions and acquisitions, including its acquisition of L-com, Inc. from Odyssey Investment Partners and the RF Microwave business from Smiths, Inc. and in its sale of the Kaelus group to Micro Data
- Trive Capital, in various transactions, including:
- its acquisitions of Picture Head, Picture Shop and Formosa Group
- the acquisition by Picture Head Holdings of The Farm Limited
- the acquisition by portfolio company Valence Surface Technologies of the surface and finishing business of Triumph Group
- the sale of Valence Surface Technologies to ATL
- its acquisition of Valor Healthcare, Inc.
- TCV in various transactions, including:
- its sale of Silver Peak Systems, Inc.
- its sale of a majority stake in Merkle Group Inc. to Dentsu Aegis Network Ltd.
- its sale of Dollar Shave Club, Inc., a provider of razors and other shaving products via subscription service, to Conopco, Inc.
- its acquisition and later sale of SaaS experience management company Sitecore Corporation A/S (Denmark) to EQT VII
- Susquehanna Growth Equity in its acquisition of XebiaLabs
- Silver Lake Sumeru in various transactions, including:
- its acquisition of Velocity Technology Corporation
- the acquisition by portfolio company Velocity Technology Corporation in various transactions, including the acquisitions of Velos-IT Limited, iXtend, Inc. and Titan Technology
- Sumeru Equity Partners in its $100 million acquisition of SocialChorus, Inc.
- WP Engine in its sale to Silver Lake
- ORIX Global Asset Management in its sale of a portion of ORIX Capital Fund I to ICG Orbit Partners and Committed Advisors
- Sequoia Capital in its investment in Series D Preferred Stock of Okta
- TPG Growth in its investment in Series D Preferred Stock of Viacyte
- Core Scientific Inc. in its issuance of Series A Preferred Stock
- Concur Technologies in multiple investments including StayNTouch, Visage Mobile and Trover
Mergers and Acquisitions and Restructurings