Alex has worked in Weil’s New York and Silicon Valley offices, starting in 2007. Prior to joining Weil, Alex was an associate at an Australian-based international firm in the Energy, Resources and Infrastructure Group.
Alex has been an active member of the Firm’s green committee throughout his career at Weil, and has a varied pro bono practice, working with asylees, refugees, veterans, the board of directors of the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation, as well as a number of social responsibility organizations.
Private Equity and Growth Capital
- Aquiline Capital Partners in its acquisition of Ontellus
- Genstar Capital in various transactions, including:
- its acquisition of Power Products Holdings LLC from Sentinel Capital Partners and its partial sale to Brunswick Corporation
- its acquisition of Infinite RF Holdings, Inc. from Windjammer Capital Investors
- its acquisition of Ohio Transmission Corporation from Irving Place Capital
- its acquisition of Truck-Lite Company LLC (n/k/a Clarience Technologies, LLC)
- together with TA Associates in the acquisition of Orion Advisor Solutions, following the merger of Orion and Brinker Capital
- its sale of Infinite Electronics, Inc.
- its sale of ECM Industries, LLC
- Infinite Electronics, Inc. (formerly Infinite RF Holdings, Inc.), a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, in numerous restructurings, commercial transactions and acquisitions, including its acquisition of L-com, Inc. from Odyssey Investment Partners; the RF Microwave business from Smiths, Inc.; and its sale of its Kaelus Brands subsidiary to Microdata Telecom Innovation AB
- Trive Capital in various transactions, including:
- its acquisitions of Valor Healthcare Inc., Picture Head, Picture Shop and Formosa Group
- the acquisition by Picture Head Holdings of The Farm Limited
- the acquisition by portfolio company Valence Surface Technologies of the surface and finishing business of Triumph Group
- the sale of Valence Surface Technologies to ATL
- TCV in various transactions, including:
- its sale of Silver Peak Systems, Inc.
- its sale of a majority stake in Merkle Group Inc. to Dentsu Aegis Network Ltd.
- its sale of Dollar Shave Club, Inc. to Conopco, Inc.
- its acquisition and later sale of SaaS experience management company Sitecore Corporation A/S (Denmark) to EQT VII
- Susquehanna Growth Equity in its acquisition of XebiaLabs
- Silver Lake Sumeru in various transactions, including:
- its acquisition of Velocity Technology Corporation
- the acquisition by portfolio company Velocity Technology Corporation in various transactions, including the acquisitions of Velos-IT Limited, iXtend, Inc. and Titan Technology
- Sumeru Equity Partners in its acquisition of SocialChorus, Inc.
- WP Engine in its sale to Silver Lake
- ORIX Global Asset Management in its sale of a portion of ORIX Capital Fund I to ICG Orbit Partners and Committed Advisors
- Sequoia Capital in its investment in Series D Preferred Stock of Okta
- TPG Growth in its investment in Series D Preferred Stock of Viacyte
- Core Scientific Inc. in its issuance of Series A Preferred Stock
- Concur Technologies in multiple investments, including StayNTouch, Visage Mobile and Trover
Mergers and Acquisitions and Restructurings
- PSP Investments and PFA Pensions in their separate investments in Avantor and in connection with the IPO of Avantor
- Acquiline Capital Partners in its acquisition of certain litigation assets
- Torchlight Investors Inc. in connection with the IPO of joint venture portfolio company Plymouth Industrial REIT
- Founders of Prism Medical Products, LLC in the sale of a 70% interest in Prism to Henry Schein, Inc.
- Kantar Group (a portfolio company of Bain Capital Private Equity) in its acquisition of Numerator
- Yahoo Inc. in acquisition of MSKYNET Inc.
- J.Crew Group, Inc. in its $566.5 million private exchange with certain noteholders of its outstanding senior PIK toggle notes for $250 million of newly issued senior secured notes, shares of its 7% non-convertible perpetual preferred stock having an initial liquidation preference of up to $190 million, and shares of its common stock representing up to approximately 15% of its common equity
- Lenovo in its acquisition of the Motorola business unit from Google
- Adobe Systems in its acquisition of social media company Behance
- Intel in its acquisition of Voke, Inc.
- Conversica, LLC in its acquisition of substantially all the assets of SaaS artificial intelligence provider Intelligens LLC
- Vonage in its acquisition of Vocalocity
- Dell in its acquisition of Gale Technologies, Inc.
- RF Micro Devices in its merger of equals transaction with Triquint Semiconductors
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES in its acquisition of IBM’s microelectronics business
- Synopsys, Inc. in numerous transactions, including its acquisitions of source code analysis provider Gecko Holdings Pty Ltd and fault simulation provider Winterlogic Inc.
- Maxim Integrated Products in the sale of its clock synchronization business to Microsemi Corporation
- Getty Images in its $3.3 billion sale to The Carlyle Group
- CPU Technology in its sale to The Boeing Company