Mr. Purtill has worked in Weil’s New York and Silicon Valley offices, starting in 2007. Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Purtill was an associate at an Australian-based international firm in the Energy, Resources and Infrastructure Group.
Mr. Purtill has been an active member of the Firm’s green committee throughout his career at Weil, and has a varied pro bono practice, working with asylees, refugees, veterans, the board of directors of the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation, as well as a number of social responsibility organizations.
Private Equity and Growth Capital
- Genstar Capital in various transactions, including:
- Its acquisition of Power Products Holdings LLC from Sentinel Capital Partners and in its partial sale to Brunswick Corporation.
- Its acquisition of Infinite RF Holdings, Inc. from Windjammer Capital Investors.
- Its acquisition of Ohio Transmission Corporation from Irving Place Capital.
- Infinite Electronics, Inc. (formerly Infinite RF Holdings, Inc.), a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, in numerous restructurings, commercial transactions and acquisitions, including its acquisition of L-com, Inc. from Odyssey Investment Partners and the RF Microwave business from Smiths, Inc.
- Trive Capital, in various transactions, including:
- Its acquisitions of Picture Head, Picture Shop and Formosa Group.
- The acquisition by Picture Head Holdings of The Farm Limited.
- The acquisition by portfolio company Valence Surface Technologies of the surface and finishing business of Triumph Group.
- The sale of Valence Surface Technologies to ATL.
- Technology Crossover Ventures in various transactions, including:
- Its sale of a majority stake in Merkle Group Inc. to Dentsu Aegis Network Ltd.
- Its sale of Dollar Shave Club, Inc., a provider of razors and other shaving products via subscription service, to Conopco, Inc.
- Its acquisition and later sale of SaaS experience management company Sitecore Corporation A/S (Denmark) to EQT VII.
- Perella Weinberg Partners in its acquisition of Alloy Die Casting Company.
- Susquehanna Growth Equity in its acquisition of XebiaLabs.
- Silver Lake Sumeru in various transactions, including:
- Its acquisition of Velocity Technology Corporation.
- The acquisition by portfolio company Velocity Technology Corporation in various transactions, including the acquisitions of Velos-IT Limited, iXtend, Inc. and Titan Technology.
- WP Engine in its sale to Silver Lake.
- ORIX Global Asset Management in its sale of a portion of ORIX Capital Fund I to ICG Orbit Partners and Committed Advisors.
- Sequoia Capital in its investment in Series D Preferred Stock of Okta.
- TPG Growth in its investment in Series D Preferred Stock of Viacyte.
- Core Scientific Inc. in its issuance of Series A Preferred Stock.
- Concur Technologies in multiple investments including StayNTouch, Visage Mobile and Trover.
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board and PFA Pensions in their separate investments in Avantor and in connection with the IPO of Avantor.
- Acquiline Capital Partners in its acquisition of certain litigation assets.
- Torchlight Investors Inc. in connection with the IPO of joint venture portfolio company Plymouth Industrial REIT.
- Yahoo Inc. in acquisition of MSKYNET Inc.
- J.Crew Group, Inc. in its $566.5 million private exchange with certain noteholders of its outstanding senior PIK toggle notes for $250 million of newly issued senior secured notes, shares of its 7% non-convertible perpetual preferred stock having an initial liquidation preference of up to $190 million, and shares of its common stock representing up to approximately 15% of its common equity.
- Lenovo in its acquisition of the Motorola business unit from Google.
- Adobe Systems in its acquisition of social media company Behance.
- Intel in its acquisition of Voke, Inc.
- Conversica, LLC in its acquisition of substantially all the assets of SaaS artificial intelligence provider Intelligens LLC.
- Vonage in its acquisition of Vocalocity, a voice over IP service provider.
- Dell in its acquisition of Gale Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of infrastructure automation software.
- RF Micro Devices in its merger of equals transaction with Triquint Semiconductors.
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES in its acquisition of IBM’s microelectronics business.
- Synopsys, Inc., in numerous transactions, including its acquisitions of source code analysis provider Gecko Holdings Pty Ltd and fault simulation provider Winterlogic Inc.
- Maxim Integrated Products in the sale of its clock synchronization business to Microsemi Corporation.
- Getty Images in its $3.3 billion sale to The Carlyle Group.
- CPU Technology in its sale to The Boeing Company.
Mergers and Acquisitions and Restructurings