Aileen J. Kim is counsel in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Ms. Kim assists with advising public and private companies on mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Ms. Kim has been a part of the teams advising:
- Eli Lilly in its approximately $8 billion acquisition of Loxo Oncology, Inc.; in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Dermira, Inc.; and in its acquisition of worldwide rights to Locemia Solution ULC’s intranasal glucagon
- HNA Group Co. Ltd. in its $6.5 billion acquisition of a 25% stake in Hilton Inc., Park Hotels & Resorts Inc. and Hilton Grand Vacations Inc. (collectively, f/k/a Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc.) from affiliates of The Blackstone Group
- Sanofi in its $4.8 billion acquisition of Ablynx NV and in its $350 million sale of its Seprafilm Adhesion Barrier and related assets to Baxter International Inc.
- MGM Resorts International (MGM Resorts) in the formation of a joint venture between MGM Growth Properties LLC and Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust to acquire the Las Vegas real estate assets of the MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay for $4.6 billion and to lease back these assets to subsidiaries of MGM Resorts
- MGM Resorts International (MGM) in its $4.25 billion sale of the Bellagio to a joint venture MGM formed with Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust and its planned leaseback of the Bellagio
- Straight Path Communications Inc. in its $3.1 billion sale to Verizon Communications Inc.
- Nortek, Inc. in its $2.8 billion merger with Melrose Industries PLC
- Home Loan Servicing Solutions, Ltd. in its $1.4 billion sale to New Residential Investment Corp.
- Atos S.E. in its $1.1 billion acquisition of the information technology outsourcing business of Xerox Corporation
- Gurnet Point Capital in its up to $504 million take-private of Corium International, Inc.
- Signet Jewelers Limited in its $328 million acquisitions of R2Net, Inc. and Segoma Imaging Technologies
- Jefferies Financial Group Inc. in its approximately $165 million acquisition of the remaining 30% shareholding interest it didn't already own in HomeFed
- Paul J. Taubman and his firm PJT Partners in the combination of PJT Partners with the financial and strategic advisory services, restructuring and reorganization advisory services, and Park Hill fund placement businesses of Blackstone and the spin-out of the combined business to create an independent, publicly traded company
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in its acquisition of PhyMed Management LLC
- Brookfield Asset Management in its acquisition of GrafTech International Ltd.
Ms. Kim received her J.D., cum laude, from St. John’s University School of Law, where she was a staff member of the St. John’s Law Review, and her B.B.A. from the University of Miami.