Adam has significant experience representing leading accounting firms and restructuring practices on workouts and restructurings, as well as UK clearing banks, US investment banks, hedge funds, private equity firms, and boards of directors in major corporate restructurings.
Adam has led a wide range of well-known restructurings (including contingency planning) and formal insolvencies, advising boards of companies, distressed investors, senior and junior lenders, and leading insolvency practitioners. He led the team advising KPMG as joint administrators in the ground-breaking case of MF Global UK's special administration, which was awarded “Restructuring Team of the Year” twice in 2014 at the Legal Business Awards and The Lawyer Awards. Adam also has extensive experience in distressed M&A.
Adam is President of the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association (ILA) and a Past President of the Turnaround Management Association (TMA) UK.
Adam is consistently recognised across all leading legal and industry directories. He is lauded as a “Market Leader” in IFLR1000 UK and as a leading lawyer in the UK, Europe and Global editions of Chambers where he is highly praised as an “outstandingly practical, pragmatic, client-focused lawyer who actually provides added-value advice… and is able to create imaginative solutions in complex scenarios" with one interviewee noting that his client service is “not bettered in the London market”. He is recommended as a leading individual in Legal 500 UK where he is described as having an “excellent reputation in the market” and “a clear leader in his field”.
Representative experience includes:
- KKR Credit on its on investment in shipping loans and establishment of a shipping portfolio management company
- 1Malaysia Development Berhad on restructuring options including sukuk certificates and its $6.5 billion dispute with IPIC
- Endeavour Energy in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- KKR Credit on the establishment of a Greek NPL platform
- BHS on its landlord company voluntary arrangements (CVAs)
- Leading the team advising KPMG as joint administrators in the special administration of MF Global UK
- Lehman Brothers on its restructuring
- Senior noteholder on the £1.5 billion restructuring of General Healthcare Group, owner and operator of the BMI hospital chain
- Restructuring of Hagemeyer for the company
- Sponsor on CityPoint’s restructuring
- Lenders on Murabaha, Musharaka and Sukuk restructurings
- WL Ross on its acquisition of the European Collins & Aikman business from the Administrators
- Sponsor on the restructuring of FCC in Spain
- Representing Senior Creditors in various restructurings of SIVs including Sigma Finance, and Cheyne
- Representing various global investment banks on their capital resolution plans
- Representing lenders and investors in Emerging Markets restructurings in Eastern Europe, Africa, and the Far East
- Restructuring of various football clubs
- Various hedge funds on distressed investments and acquisitions of NPLs