Adam Hassan is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Hassan participates in the representation of public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Hassan has been part of the teams advising:
- Benefytt Technologies, Inc. in its $625 million take-private by Madison Dearborn Partners
- CoStar Group, Inc. in its $450 million acquisition of STR, Inc.
- Fairway Group Holdings Corporation, the parent company of Fairway Market, in its sales in a chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of five stores and its distribution center to Village Super Market, Inc., of three stores to Bogopa Enterprises (the owner of Food Bazaar), of one store to a Key Food Stores Cooperative Inc. member, and of two real estate leases to Amazon Retail LLC
- Maines Paper & Food Service Inc. in the sale of substantially all of its assets to Lineage Logistics, Inc.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan in the formation of Trivium Packaging through a combination of OTPP's portfolio company, Exal Corporation, with the Food & Specialty Metal Packaging business of Ardagh Group
- Quest Diagnostics Inc. in its acquisition of Blueprint Genetics Oy
Before joining Weil, Mr. Hassan was an associate at an international corporate law firm in Canada.
Mr. Hassan received his J.D. from University of Ottawa and his B.S. from University of Alberta.