Mr. Borenstein has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its acquisitions of CPM Holdings, Inc., Matthew Warren, Inc. (d/b/a MW Industries, Inc.) and Chromaflo Technologies Corporation; and its sale of Tekni-Plex, Inc. to Genstar
- Avolon Holdings Limited and its parent, Bohai Capital Holding Co., in Bohai's sale of a 30% stake in Avolon to ORIX Aviation Systems Limited based on an enterprise value of $23.7 billion
- Dex Media, Inc. (d/b/a DexYP) (a portfolio company of Mudrick Capital Management and Paulson & Co.) in its acquisition of YP Holdings LLC
- Farm Boy Inc. (a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners) in its sale to Empire Company Limited
- GPSi Holdings, LLC (a/k/a GPS Industries, LLC) (a portfolio company of Falconhead Capital, LLC) in its sale to Ingersoll-Rand plc
- Intermedix Corporation (a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners) in its $460 million sale to R1 RCM Inc.
- JAB Holding Company, as leader of an investment group, in that group's $13.9 billion take-private of Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
- The Kroger Company in its strategic partnership with, and meaningful investment in, Lucky’s Market
- Lee Equity Partners in its acquisition of K-MAC Holdings Corp.
- OMERS Private Equity and Berkshire Partners in their $3.85 billion sale of Husky IMS International Ltd.
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board, as participant in a consortium of investors led by TPG Capital, Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe and Humana, Inc., in the consortium's $4.1 billion take-private of Kindred Healthcare, Inc. and the $1.4 billion acquisition of Curo Health Services, LLC
- Sanofi in its $25 billion exchange of Merial for the consumer healthcare business of Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
Mr. Borenstein joined Weil as a summer associate, and prior thereto, was an intern with the Enforcement Division of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and a legal extern with the Office of the Chief Counsel of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Mr. Borenstein received his B.S. and M.S., cum laude, from the University of Florida, and his J.D. from Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, where he was President of the Sports Law Society.