Mr. Arikat has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International in its acquisitions of Clearent Corp. and FieldEdge and the simultaneous merger of the two companies
- Aethon Energy in its $735 million acquisition of the northwest Louisiana natural gas assets from QEP Resources, Inc.
- Aimbridge Hospitality Holdings, LLC in its sale to Advent International
- Antin Infrastructure Partners in its acquisition of FirstLight Fiber
- athenahealth, Inc. in its $5.7 billion sale to Veritas Capital and Evergreen Coast Capital (an affiliate of Elliott Management Corporation) and planned combination with Virence Health
- Aurora Resurgence Management Partners and Equity Group Investments (EGI) in the sale of SIRVA, Inc.
- Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition Corp. in its $673 million acquisition of Organogenesis Inc.
- GlobalTranz Enterprises, Inc. (at the time a portfolio company of Providence Strategic Growth Partners) in its sale to The Jordan Company
- Gurnet Point Capital in its up to $504 million take-private of Corium International, Inc.
- J.C. Flowers in its acquisition of Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC and in its acquisition of a majority stake in Vericity, Inc.
- Kettle Cuisine, LLC (a portfolio company of Kainos Capital) in its acquisition of the frozen soup business of NORPAC Foods, Inc.
- Lindsay Goldberg in its sale of Dealer Tire, LLC
- Magnetar Capital and EIG Global Energy Partners in its $475 million perpetual preferred equity investment in CrownRock Holdings, L.P.
- MGM Resorts International (MGM Resorts) in the formation of a joint venture between MGM Growth Properties LLC and Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust to acquire the Las Vegas real estate assets of the MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay for $4.6 billion and to lease back these assets to subsidiaries of MGM Resorts
- MGM Resorts International (MGM) in its $4.25 billion sale of the Bellagio to a joint venture MGM formed with Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust and its planned leaseback of the Bellagio
- ORIX Capital Partners in its acquisition of NTI Connect
- Parts Town LLC (a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners) in its acquisition of Heritage Food Service Group
- Paycor, Inc. in its sale to Apax Partners
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its acquisition of ShootProof, LLC and in its sale of YourCause Holdings, LLC
- Trive Capital in its sale of Southern Towing Company, LLC
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Arikat was a Tax Counsel for ExxonMobil focusing on oil & gas upstream M&A, Subpart F, FTC limitations, federal compliance, state tax controversy. During his time there, he received exposure to financial statements, purchase price accounting, deferred tax accounting and discounted cash flow models.
Mr. Arikat received his J.D., as a member of the Order of the Coif, from The University of Texas School of Law where he was a member of the Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Team and the Texas Journal of Oil, Gas, and Energy Law. He received his L.L.M. from New York University School of Law and his B.A. in Applied Math and Economics from the University of California, Berkeley.