Aamir Rahman is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Rahman participates in the representation of public and private companies, as well as private equity funds, in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Rahman has been part of the teams advising:
- Transaction Committee of the Board of Directors of Reynolds American Inc. in Reynolds’ $60.6 billion sale to British American Tobacco p.l.c. (BAT) of the 57.8% of Reynolds stock that BAT did not already own.
- HNA Group Co. Ltd. in its $6.5 billion acquisition of a 25% stake in Hilton Inc., Park Hotels & Resorts Inc. and Hilton Grand Vacations Inc. (collectively, f/k/a Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc.) from affiliates of The Blackstone Group.
- Arca Continental, S. A. B. de C.V., in its acquisition, via a $2.7 billion joint venture with Coca-Cola Refreshments USA, Inc., of bottling operations in Texas and parts of Oklahoma, New Mexico and Arkansas, becoming the Coca-Cola Company's sole franchise bottler in the area formerly known as the Southwest operating unit of Coca-Cola Refreshments.
- American Securities in its pending $1.6 billion sale of Royal Adhesives & Sealants, LLC.
- L’Oréal USA in its $1.2 billion acquisition of IT Cosmetics, LLC.
- OMERS Private Equity, together with Harvest Partners, in the approximately $1 billion take-private acquisition of Epiq Systems, Inc. and its combination with Document Technologies Inc.
- Sanofi in its up to $750 million acquisition of Protein Sciences Corporation.
- Fidelity National Financial in its pending redemption of all tracking stock shares of Fidelity National Financial Ventures (FNFV) in exchange for shares of common stock of Cannae Holdings, Inc.
- Snow Phipps Group in its acquisition of Efficient Collaborative Retail Marketing Company, LLC.
- Vertical / Trigen Holdings, LLC (a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners) in its combination with Osmotica Holdings Corp Limited.
Mr. Rahman received his J.D. from Brooklyn Law School, where he was a Notes and Comments Editor for the Brooklyn Journal of International Law, and his B.S.B.A. from the University of Central Florida.