in the sale of World Freight Company International, a general sales and service agent that markets airline cargo freight capacity, to Greenbriar Equity Group.
in its indirect acquisition of a majority stake in Industrial Division sp. z o.o., a lessor of locomotives to, among others, carriers of petrochemicals, raw materials and special cargoes, from Jarpid Investment.
- in its $2.5 billion take-private acquisition of Air Methods Corporation, at the time the largest domestic air medical transport provider, a manufacturer of medical aircraft interiors and a provider of air-tourism services.
- in the acquisition, subsequent reorganization, public offering and $3.3 billion sale of Metaldyne Performance Group Inc., a manufacturer of transmission, engine, driveline and safety components for passenger, commercial and industrial vehicles. Also advised on financing matters related to the original acquisition.
- in its sale of GT Technologies, a maker of valve actuation systems and components for automotive and heavy duty/commercial engines, to Industrial Opportunity Partners.
- in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Blue Bird Corporation, an independent manufacturer of school buses, from Traxis Group.
- and its parent, Bohai Capital Holding Co., in Bohai's $2.2 billion sale of a 30% stake in Avolon to ORIX Aviation Systems Limited
- at the time a portfolio company of Cinven Partners, CVC Capital Partners and Oak Hill Capital Partners in its $7.6 billion sale to Bohai Leasing Co., Ltd. and subsequently in its $10 billion acquisition of the aircraft leasing business of CIT Group Inc.
in its $440 million sale of Nelson Fasteners Systems to Stanley Black & Decker Inc.
in its acquisition of Direct ChassisLink Inc., a provider of chassis to marine terminal operators, common carriers, motor carriers, steam ship lines and beneficial cargo owners, from Littlejohn & Co.
- in its $6.9 billion sale of its United States, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand fleet businesses to Element Financial Corporation, and in the sale of its European fleet businesses to Arval Service Lease S.A.
- in the sale of its North American tank car rail assets and railcar repair business to Marmon Holdings, Inc.
- in its $499 million sale of a 14% stake in Penske Truck Leasing Co. LP to Penske Automotive Group Inc.
- in the $674 million sale of its remaining 15.5% stake in Penske Truck Leasing Co. LP to Penske Automotive Group Inc. and MBK USA Commercial Vehicles, Inc.
a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its transaction with Verra Mobility Corporation (f/k/a American Traffic Solutions), a developer of technology-enabled solutions for safe and easy vehicular movement, including operation of safety cameras and the management of tolling transactions and violations for commercial fleets and rental car companies, with an initial enterprise value of approximately $2.4 billion.
together with Hankook Tire Co. Ltd., in the $3.6 billion acquisition of an approximately 70% equity stake in Halla Visteon Climate Control Corp. (n/k/a Hanon Systems), a manufacturer, marketer and distributor of automobile climate control products, from Visteon Corporation.
- in the establishment of a securitization facility to finance its fleet leasing business with an issuance of $1.1 billion variable funding asset-backed notes, and in the extension of their Australian, French and Dutch rental car securitizations.
- in the establishment of a new master trust fleet lease securitization platform to finance their subsidiary Donlen’s fleet lease portfolio and the establishment of a conduit funded warehouse facility thereunder, as well as several term ABS issuances.
a China-based conglomerate focused on airport and travel services, transportation and logistics:
- in its $2.8 billion acquisition of Swissport International Ltd.
- in the approximately $6 billion take-private merger of its member, Tianjin Tianhai Investment Co Ltd, a provider of international short-haul container shipping and freight agency services, and Ingram Micro Inc.
- in its acquisition of The Kenan Advantage Group, Inc., a provider of tank truck transporter and logistics services, from GS Capital Partners and Centerbridge Partners.
- in its $520 million acquisition of V.Group Limited, a provider of management and related marine services to the global shipping industry – OMERS’ debut buy-out deal in the European market.
- in the acquisition and sale of its 25% equity interest in the AutoTrader Group, the largest digital automotive marketplace in the United States, to Cox Enterprises.
- in a minority investment in GlobalTranz Inc., a freight agent and freight broker transportation management company.
a provider of passenger and cargo air transportation services to and from Doha, Qatar to various business and leisure destinations around the world, in its $608 million acquisition of a 10% stake in LATAM Airlines Group S.A.
in its $2.25 billion minority investment in GM Cruise Holdings LLC (a subsidiary of General Motors Company), a developer of self-driving vehicles, alongside a $1.1 billion investment in Cruise by GM.
a developer, manufacturer and supplier of automotive fluid storage, carrying and delivery systems, in its sale to Bain Capital.
a developer, manufacturer and worldwide supplier of automotive safety systems and products, in its $1.6 billion sale in bankruptcy of substantially all of its assets to Key Safety Systems, Inc.
the manager of a network of airports in France, Portugal, and Cambodia, in its acquisition of a majority stake in Gatwick Airport Limited