J.P. Morgan and Perella Weinberg as financial advisors to AT&T Inc. in AT&T’s $108.7 billion acquisition of Time Warner Inc.
in its $245 million sale to Round Hill Music, LLC.
- in its spin-off of Interactive Auto Inc. (“Xcar.com.cn”), an online social media site in China focused on automobiles that includes a buying guide, database and test reviews, to Xinjiang Guanghui Industry Investment Co., Ltd. and Shenzhen Co-Stone Venture Investment Management Company Limited. The deal included the pre-closing carve-out of certain China businesses from Interactive Auto's China subsidiary.
- in its formation of CBS Sports Radio, a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week lineup of national programming from CBS Radio and CBS Sports. CBS Sports Radio is the largest major market sports radio network in the nation. In an unprecedented move, CBS Corporation created CBS Sports Radio, establishing the most listened-to sports radio network across the Top 50 markets in the nation.
in its $7.8 billion sale to Liberty Media Corporation.
- in all of its major transactions since it was created, including its $67.1 billion sale to AT&T. Also handled significant financings, including its first Euro denominated investment grade senior notes offering.
and NBC Universal in GE’s $37.25 billion joint venture with Comcast for ownership of NBC Universal and Comcast’s cable channels and regional sports networks and, thereafter, GE in the $18.1 billion sale of its remaining 49 percent stake in NBCUniversal and related real estate to Comcast.
in its $4.6 billion sale to Nexstar Broadcasting Group Inc.
- as leader in a consortium, in the pending sale of its approximately 60% equity interest in EMI Music Publishing to Sony Corporation of America, in a transaction valued at approximately $4.75 billion
- as a minority stakeholder, in the sale of a 49% equity stake in Yankees Entertainment & Sports Network (The YES Network).
- in its sale of its stake in Hulu, LLC to joint venture co-owners News Corporation, Comcast Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.
- in its acquisition of Learfield Communications, Inc., a manager of the multimedia rights for collegiate institutions and associations in the United States, from Shamrock Capital Growth Fund III, L.P.; Learfield in its acquisitions of Nelligan Sports Marketing, Licensing Resource Group, Internet Consulting Services and ANC Sports Enterprises, LLC; and sale of Learfield to Atairos Management.
in its $14.6 billion merger with Discovery Communications, Inc.
Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Starz, Inc. in Starz’s $4.4 billion sale to Lions Gate Entertainment Corporation.
- in its $3.1 billion sale to Verizon Communications, Inc.
- in its follow-on investment in Believe SAS, a France-based distributor of digital music for independent labels and artists worldwide, from Groupe Siparex.
- as a selling shareholder, in the sale of a majority stake in Merkle Group Inc., a performance marketing agency that enables organizations to apply quantitative communication strategies to their marketing programs, to Dentsu Aegis Network Ltd.
in their acquisition of a minority stake in Spotify Technology S.A.
in over $7.2 billion of high yield notes offerings.
in its $4.4 billion acquisition of AOL Inc. Frederick Green was named “Dealmaker of the Week” by The Am Law Daily (May 2015) for his lead role advising on this transaction.
Advised Yahoo! on all IP and technology aspects of more than 20 of its recent deals, including its:
- $1.1 billion acquisition of popular blogging site Tumblr – which, at the time, was the largest acquisition of a social networking company in years and Yahoo!’s largest acquisition in a decade;
- approximately $14.2 billion staged disengagement from Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., which provided for Alibaba’s approximately $7.1 billion repurchase of up to one-half of Yahoo’s equity stake and a framework for Yahoo to monetize its remaining interest;
- acquisition of Summly Limited, a U.K.-based mobile news aggregator; and
- acquisitions of Xobni, GhostBird Software, Playerscale, GoPollGo, Jybe, Snip.it, UrbanQ, Limelight Labs/OnTheAir and Stamped.