an operator of hotels and provider of corporate and tourism services, in its acquisition of Fastbooking, a provider of internet hotel booking services, from Edmond de Rothschild Investment Partners and the founders of the company.
a Lee Equity Partners portfolio company that owns, manages and operates hotels in its sale of a strategic stake to General Atlantic.
in its $3.2 billion sale to LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE.
- in the sale of their 64% shareholding in Coroin Limited, the owner of the Maybourne Hotel Group which operates three luxury London hotels: The Berkerley, The Connaught and Claridge’s, to Constellation Hotel Group.
- in the acquisition of Misland Investments Limited, the owner of approximately 25% of the Maybourne Hotel Group Ltd., the owner of The Berkeley, The Connaught and Claridge’s hotels in London.
in more than 30 joint ventures including those involving hotel companies and individual properties, including Four Seasons, Marriott, and Hyatt; small hotel portfolios with Interstate as manager; and a public deal with Host Marriott and other properties in Washington, DC, Atlanta, Boston, Bethesda and Hawaii.
a New York-based family-owned real estate company, together with Vornado Realty Trust, in the $700 million acquisition of the retail condominium of the St. Regis Hotel and the adjacent retail townhouse in New York City.
in connection with a transaction with the Hotel Plaza Athénée in Paris.
on the real estate, corporate and finance elements of the purchase of The Cavendish Hotel in London, including restructuring the lease to facilitate additional value and potential expansion, as well as its subsequent sale of the Cavedish Hotel to Ascott, a Singapore-based hospitality group; and acquisition of a 10% interest in InterContinental Hotels Group, and subsequent sale.
a France-based lessor and lessee of real estate and manager of industrial and commercial property, in its €1.4 billion takeover of Foncière de Paris, an owner and operator of commercial properties in France including retail, hotels, offices, restaurants, technical, and health related facilities.
the largest owner of mid-priced extended stay hotels with more than 680 hotels across 44 states and 2 Canadian provinces, in its chapter 11 sale to a group comprising Centerbridge Partners, Paulson & Co. and Blackstone Real Estate Associates VI, for $3.925 billion.
one of the largest hedge funds in the world, in a multi-step investment in the Shore Club, a high-profile glamour boutique hotel in ultra-chic South Beach, Miami Beach Florida — including helping Fortress devise and execute a strategy to rescue the owner of the property from foreclosure literally on the courthouse steps with close to $200 million in first and second mortgage financing, advising Fortress and a partner in the acquisition of the property from the owner less than 6 months later, and then advising Fortress on restructuring its debt.
in connection with the restructuring of debt of Holdings Gaming Borrower, a parent company of Pittsburgh’s Rivers Casino operator, including refinancing of its senior secured first lien credit facilities with an amended and extended $300 million term loan facility.
in its $6.5 billion acquisition of a 25% stake in Hilton Inc., Park Hotels & Resorts Inc. and Hilton Grand Vacations Inc. (collectively, f/k/a Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc.) from affiliates of The Blackstone Group.
in its $1.5 billion acquisition of Vistana Signature Experiences following completion of the spin-off of Vistana from Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
manager of the Jumeirah Essex House, the historic 509-room Manhattan hotel overlooking Central Park, in the hotel's $362.3 million sale by UAE-based investment company and Jumeirah International affiliate, Dubai Investments, to Chicago-based Strategic Hotels & Resorts, a real estate investment trust which owns 17 luxury hotels.
- subsidiaries of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in the 363 sale of the Canyon Ranch Hotel in Miami Beach and several related condominium units (following a bankruptcy filing with respect to the property) to a subsidiary of Z Capital Partners, L.L.C.
- in the sale of the Setai Hotel, including certain condominium units at the Setai property and the Abbey Hotel property, which serves as a residence for Setai staff. The sale also included the conveyance of trademarks related to the Setai brand and other intellectual property.
- and Lehman Commercial Paper Inc. in their acquisition, via a Section 363 asset sale, of Moonlight Basin Ranch L.P., an 8,000 acre ski area in Montana, in satisfaction of $170 million in senior and mezzanine financing provided by Lehman prior to Moonlight Basin's chapter 11 bankruptcy filing.
- in its $1.175 billion sale of the real property of the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City, New Jersey to MGM Growth Properties LLC, a public REIT controlled by MGM. The sale followed MGM Resorts' $900 million acquisition of the 50% interest in the Borgata that it did not already own from Boyd Gaming Corporation.
- in the sale and leaseback of 10 destination resort casino hotels primarily in Las Vegas and with locations in Detroit and Tunica in connection with the spin-off and formation of MGM Growth Properties LLC (MGP), a controlled REIT, and in corporate, real estate and tax aspects of MGP’s $1.05 billion initial public offering.
- on the $1.5 billion initial public offering and listing of MGM China on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, including the shareholder arrangements that resulted in MGM Resorts acquiring a 51% stake in MGM China.
- in the merger of Fitness First Asia, an Australia-based operator of a chain of fitness clubs across Asia, with Celebrity Fitness, creating one of the largest fitness club networks in Asia under the new corporate name Evolution Wellness Holdings Pte. Ltd.
- in the sale of the UK operations of Fitness First Limited, a U.K.-based operator of gyms and health and fitness clubs primarily in the United Kingdom, Germany, Asia and Australia, to Dave Whelan Sports Limited.
a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of TPG Global, in its business combination with Playa Hotels & Resorts B.V., a Netherlands-based developer of all-inclusive resorts in beachfront locations in Mexico and the Caribbean, a transaction valued at approximately $1.75 billion.
and several other Starwood brands in various transactions, including in preparing and submitting a fully financed bid for all of the capital stock of Wyndham International, Inc. and in the $100 million sale of Bliss World Holdings, Inc., a spa and skincare company, to Steiner Leisure Limited.