in GE’s $20.4 billion offer to exchange Synchrony common stock for GE common stock, completing the separation of Synchrony from GE.
a provider of insurance, wealth management, investment, and financial solutions:
- as corporate counsel in its $2.7 billion sale to China Oceanwide Holdings Group Company Ltd.
- in the $400 million senior unsecured notes offering by its direct, wholly owned subsidiary, Genworth Holdings Inc. Also advised Genworth on numerous other debt and equity offerings, including its $2.8 billion IPO (and related financings).
- as co-leader of an investment group (with Varde Partners), in that group's acquisition of CitiFinancial Canada Inc. (n/k/a Fairstone Financial Inc.), a provider of personal and home equity loans, from Citigroup Inc.
- in its acquisition of a controlling interest in ELMC Group, LLC, a manager of full-service managing general underwriters (MGUs) specializing in underwriting medical stop-loss insurance.
- in its approximately $3.7 billion merger with Jefferies Group, Inc., a global investment banking firm in which it had a 28.6% stake.
- in its $750 million and $250 million investment grade senior notes offerings.
- in, together with Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, Investcorp Group and Jay Alix, founder of AlixPartners, its acquisition of an ownership stake in AlixPartners, a provider of business and financial advisory services, from CVC Capital Partners, as part of a transaction that valued AlixPartners at more than $2.5 billion.
- in connection with a PIPE investment in Virtu Financial, Inc., a provider of market making and liquidity services to the financial markets worldwide, to finance in part Virtu's pending $1.4 billion acquisition of KCG Holdings, Inc., an independent securities firm.
in its pending $3.3 billion acquisition of Fortress Investment Group LLC, an alternative asset manager that raises, invests and manages credit funds, private equity funds and publicly traded alternative investment vehicles.
- in its $18 billion merger of equals with Towers Watson & Co.
- in more than $2 billion of investment grade offerings and related tender offers, including, most recently, its $525 million investment grade notes offering to finance its tender offers for three series of outstanding notes issued by its subsidiary, Willis North America.