as a selling shareholder, in the $1.08 billion initial public offering of Athene Holding Ltd., a life insurance holding company that provides products in the retirement savings market.
- in their $1.9 billion sale of Ipreo Holdings LLC to IHS Markit Ltd.
in its $1.2 billion acquisition of IPC Systems, Inc., a provider of network services and trading communication technology to the financial markets community, from Silver Lake Partners; and subsequently IPC Systems in its acquisition of Etrali Trading Solutions, a France-based provider of unified communications products for the trading community.
in the $3.45 billion sale of Comdata Inc. to FleetCor Technologies Inc.
an alternative investment platform backed by a group of global and long-term-oriented investors, in its $333 million take-private of CIFC LLC, a debt investment manager specializing in secured United States corporate loan strategies.
- in its approximately $1.2 billion acquisition of Stewart Information Services Corporation
- in its $760 million acquisition of BluePay, Inc.
- in its $750 million acquisition via cash tender offer of CardConnect Corp.
- in its acquisition of Acculynk, Inc.
in its $32 billion sale of its global Commercial Distribution Finance, North American Vendor Finance and North American Corporate Finance platforms to Wells Fargo & Co.
- in its strategic plan to sell most of GE Capital’s assets.
- and Synchrony Financial in GE’s $20.4 billion offer to exchange Synchrony common stock for GE common stock, completing the separation of Synchrony from GE.
in its modified Dutch auction tender offer to repurchase up to $1.5 billion of its common stock, and the related $1.5 billion investment grade working capital facility and its $500 million notes offering.
a provider of information and insight in energy, product lifecycle, security, environment and macroeconomics to global businesses, in its $13 billion merger of equals with Markit Limited, a global provider of financial information services to traders, portfolio managers, risk managers, and research professionals.
- in its acquisition of Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC, a provider of debt collection and recovery services for consumer charged-off accounts, as well as bankruptcy services, from Flexpoint Ford and management.
- as co-leader of an investment group (with Varde Partners), in that group's acquisition of CitiFinancial Canada Inc. (n/k/a Fairstone Financial Inc.), a provider of personal and home equity loans, from Citigroup Inc.
- in its acquisition of a controlling interest in ELMC Group, LLC, a manager of full-service managing general underwriters (MGUs) specializing in underwriting medical stop-loss insurance.
in its combination with Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co., a provider of investment and merchant banking advice and services to the energy industry. Weil won Houston Business Journal’s 2016 Finance “Deal of the Year” Award for its role advising on this matter.
- in, together with Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, Investcorp Group and Jay Alix, founder of AlixPartners, its acquisition of an ownership stake in AlixPartners, a provider of business and financial advisory services, from CVC Capital Partners, as part of a transaction that valued AlixPartners at more than $2.5 billion.
- in connection with a PIPE investment in Virtu Financial, Inc., a provider of market making and liquidity services to the financial markets worldwide, to finance in part Virtu's $1.4 billion acquisition of KCG Holdings, Inc., an independent securities firm.
the owner and operator of Singapore's securities and derivatives exchange and their related clearing houses, in its acquisition of The Baltic Exchange Limited, a U.K.-based provider of maritime market information for the trading and settlement of physical and derivative shipping contracts.
in its $3.3 billion take-private acquisition of Fortress Investment Group LLC. Private Equity partner Harvey Eisenberg was named among the 2018 “Dealmakers of the Year” by The American Lawyer for his work representing Softbank Group.
Citi, as lead initial purchaser, in the $604.3 million ABS bond offering by Springleaf Finance Corporation, the consumer lending joint venture of Fortress Investment Group and AIG, backed by personal loans. The transaction was Springleaf’s first-ever securitization of personal loans (many of which are unsecured) and the first rated ABS offering of this type since 1998.
in its acquisition of Ryan Labs Asset Management, a manager of fixed income portfolios for institutional clients.
- in its $5.8 billion acquisition of U.S. consumer receivables from PayPal Holdings, Inc., and in connection with its acquisition of approximately $1 billion of participation interests in receivables held with investors and financial institutions.
- in its $18 billion merger of equals with Towers Watson & Co.