January 02, 2013
Weil and Dallas-based interior architecture firm the lauckgroup brought an award-winning and innovative approach to The Crescent offices in 2003, when the offices were designed to incorporate new technologies, flexible spaces, and novel methods of storage. Weil plans to employ a similarly progressive design approach as it works to upgrade its office space in the near future. The redesign is anticipated to make more efficient use of the floorplate and incorporate the latest technological advancements, while also ensuring the space is readily adaptable to evolving technologies and needs.
The new lease extension provides for nearly 87,000 square feet of space, including the entire third floor of The Crescent office complex (100, 200 and 300 buildings) and the fourth floor of the 300 building. The lease also provides ample, flexible options to accommodate Weil’s redesign plans and future expansion needs.
“We have made a long-term commitment to The Crescent that reflects our long-term growth objectives as well as The Crescent’s dedication to world-class facilities,” said Glenn West, managing partner of the Dallas office. “Our partners wholeheartedly agreed that remaining in The Crescent would best serve our firm’s needs while also delivering premier resources and amenities to meet the current and future needs of our sophisticated, global clients. The Crescent and nearby Uptown area have long been the home of prestigious firms, many of whom are our clients, so it makes perfect sense to stay and continue growing here as we look forward to 25 more successful years in Dallas.”
This news also appeared in the following outlets (may require registration/subscription):
- Dallas Business Journal: Weil Gotshal stays at Crescent, signs long-term deal (January 2, 2013)
- GlobeSt.com: Weil Stays Put; Signs 87,000-SF Lease Extension (January 2, 2013)
- Citybizlist Dallas: Weil Gotshal Signs Deal to Stay at Crescent Through 2028 (January 2, 2013)
- Law360: Weil Gotshal Extends Dallas Office Lease to 2028 (January 3, 2013)
- D Magazine: Weil Gotshal Extends Crescent Lease to 2028 (January 3, 2013)
- The Texas Lawbook: Weil Extends Lease at The Crescent in Dallas Through 2028 (January 3, 2013)
- Dallas Business Journal: Crescent’s lease win ripples through office market (January 4, 2013)
- Law360: Texas Firms’ Newly Sleek Offices Take Cues From Tech Startups (January 4, 2013)
- The Am Law Daily: Real Estate Roundup: Arnold & Porter Goes Modern in D.C., Goodwin Does the Same in Boston, and Sidley Bulks Up in Houston (January 9, 2013)