July 07, 2020
Weil again was named the sole winner of the Class Action competition in the New York Law Journal’s 2020 Litigation Department of the Year contest, which is part of the publication’s annual Professional Excellence awards. Weil also won this honor in 2018, the inaugural year of the contest.
The publication recognized the winners of its Professional Excellence awards in June, and will publish full profiles on each firm in October 2020.
In winning this honor for the second time in three years, Weil’s Litigation Department has continued to burnish its credentials as one of the best nationwide and in several regions where it operates, based on prestigious accolades awarded by The American Lawyer and its sister publications. Aside from this most recent award, since 2017, the Department has been recognized as:
- A Winner of the 2017 Florida Litigation Department of the Year contest by the Daily Business Review (General Litigation Category)
- A Finalist in the national 2018 Litigation Department of the Year contest by The American Lawyer (Product Liability Category)
- An Honorable Mention in the national 2018 Litigation Department of the Year contest by The American Lawyer (General Litigation Category)
- A Winner of the 2018 Litigation Department of the Year contest by the New York Law Journal (Class Action Category)
- An Honorable Mention in the 2020 Litigation Department of the Year contest by The American Lawyer (General Litigation Category)
The New York Law Journal honored just 11 total firms in this year’s contest, which comprised a General Litigation competition and eight specialty practice area competitions. In addition to Class Action, the specialty practice areas included Finance, Insurance, Intellectual Property, Labor & Employment, Products Liability, Professional Liability, and Real Estate. The contest was open to any law firm with a New York presence, and New York lawyers must have played a significant role in the matters submitted for consideration.
The winners will be honored at the New York Legal Awards in New York City on October 27, 2020.