July 31, 2015
Weil has been shortlisted for six awards (with seven nominations) by the International Tax Review for its 2015 Americas Tax Awards. The awards recognize those firms that have shown innovation and ingenuity in their work.
Weil is nominated in the following categories:
- North America Tax Firm of the Year
- Houston & Dallas Tax Firm of the Year
- Americas Capital Markets Tax Deal of the Year (Synchrony's IPO and subsequent financings)
- Americas Energy Tax Deal of the Year (Kinder Morgan / El Paso M&A; Sale of Apco Oil & Gas International to Pluspetrol Black River Corporation)
- Americas M&A Tax Deal of the Year (Prologis's acquisition of the real estate assets and operating platform of KTR Capital Partners and its affiliates)
- Americas Media & Entertainment Tax Deal of the Year (Verizon's purchase of AOL)
The International Tax Review monthly publication focuses on cross-border tax issues and, in addition to news and analysis, provides commentary on developments in different jurisdictions around the world. The winners of the 2015 Americas Tax Awards will be announced at The Pierre Hotel in New York City on September 17.