September 20, 2016
On September 14, 2016, Weil received six different commendations at Legal Media Group’s fourth annual Life Sciences Awards, which recognize the best Life Sciences lawyers and firms across several practice areas. The ceremony was held at Essex House in New York.
In the Litigation & Enforcement area, Weil was the exclusive winner of two awards:
- Antitrust practice head Steven Newborn was recognized as Antitrust Litigator of the Year.
- Weil was recognized as Antitrust Firm of the Year.
In the Financial/Transactional area, Weil was recognized for three transactions in two categories:
- M&A Impact Deals of the Year: High-Range, for our role as antitrust counsel to Allergan in its $40.5 billion sale of its Global Generic Pharmaceuticals Business to Teva Pharmaceuticals, and as antitrust counsel to AbbVie in its $21 billion acquisition of Pharmacyclics.
- Collaboration Impact Deals of the Year: High-Range, for our representation of Sanofi in a licensing agreement.
In the Intellectual Property area, Weil was recognized in one category:
- Non-IP Litigation Impact Cases, for our representation of Sanofi in connection with a securities class action relating to its diabetes franchise.
Weil also was originally shortlisted in two additional categories:
- Weil for Finance & Transactional Firm of the Year
- Elizabeth Weiswasser for General Patent Litigator of the Year – New York
LMG bases its awards on nearly 1,000 interviews and surveys completed by partners active in the market.