October 23, 2012
“With these additions our Paris finance team is further strengthened and our Pan-European capabilities including our cross-border skills in Europe are virtually transformed,” said Barry M. Wolf, Weil’s Executive Partner. “We will continue to focus on building our high quality team to serve our clients with the best talent.”
Mr. Jauffret and Mr. Clarke will serve borrowers and creditors across the full spectrum of banking products, including buyout and other acquisition financing, investment grade financing and restructuring transactions, and will offer sophisticated banking capability through an integrated, locally-based, French and English banking law practice.
The announcement comes at a time when Weil is leading the league tables for global private equity deals. As an example, Weil’s Paris office advised on the acquisition of Fives by Axa Private Equity and its management team, the largest buyout this year in the French market.
Weil’s Paris partner David Aknin said, “We are extremely pleased that candidates of the caliber of Olivier Jauffret and James Clarke have been attracted to Weil. We have known both of them for a long time and have been impressed with their many accomplishments. In addition to outstanding legal skills, they both possess the sophistication and determination we need to continue to serve our clients on the most complex and innovative deals. We are also pleased to have them working in the Paris marketplace alongside our leading private equity, restructuring and M&A practices.”
Mr. Jauffret will join the Firm from the Paris office of Linklaters and Mr. Clarke joins from the London office of Freshfields.
This news appeared in the following outlets (may require registration/subscription):
- The Lawyer: Weil beefs up Paris finance practice with Linklaters hire (October 9, 2012)
- The Lawyer: European moves roundup (October 18, 2012)
- The Am Law Daily: The Churn: Lateral Moves and Promotions in The Am Law 200 (October 23, 2012).
- The Deal: Movers & shakers (October 25, 2012)
- Thomson Reuters News & Insight: Career Tracker: Lawyers on the move (October 29, 2012)
- IFLR: Europe, Middle East and Africa (October 30, 2012)
- Decideurs: Weil Gotshal atire deux pointures (November 14, 2012)
- The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel: Weil Expands Finance Practice In Paris With Olivier Jauffret And James Clarke (November 15, 2012)
- Capital Finance: Nominations (November 19, 2012)