April 26, 2018
Nine Weil partners have been shortlisted by Euromoney Legal Media Group as part of the seventh annual Americas Women in Business Law Awards. The individual awards recognize the best attorneys in each respective practice area across the Americas, highlighting the achievements of leading female attorneys.
Weil’s attorneys are nominated in the following practice areas:
- Karen Ballack – Best in Technology
- Anne Cappella – Best in Patent
- Annemargaret Connolly – Best in Environment
- Carrie Mahan – Best in Antitrust/Competition
- Courtney Marcus – Best in Banking & Finance (inc. Project Finance)
- Jacqueline Marcus – Best in Insolvency & Restructuring
- Ellen Odoner – Best in Corporate Governance
- Lori Pines – Best in Litigation
- Randi Singer – Best in Media & Entertainment
In addition, Weil was nominated for nine Firm awards. The Firm awards celebrate the best initiatives for gender diversity, innovation, minority women, mentoring, work-life balance, pro bono work and talent management, as well as being the best in country/region.
Weil is nominated in the following categories:
- Best Firm in US Northeast
- Best Firm in US South
- Best Firm in US West
- Best Gender Diversity Initiative by International Firm
- Most Innovative International Firm
- Best International Firm for Diversity
- Best International Mentoring Program
- Best International Firm for Pro Bono Work
- Best International Firm for Women in Business Law
Euromoney Legal Media Group, a division of Euromoney Institutional Investor, comprises a wide range of legal publications that publish market-leading information for in-house counsel, external practitioners and industry leaders in a number of core practice areas. The awards celebrate the achievements of firms setting the standard in terms of female-friendly work practices and women leading the field in the legal sector across the Americas. The winners of the 2018 Americas Women in Business Law Awards will be announced at Essex House in New York City on June 7.