Suat Eng has over 10 years’ experience in corporate, commercial, banking and capital markets matters. She has worked with banks, private entities and multinational corporations in the issue of debt instruments and other securities, stock exchange listings and initial public offerings, bonus and rights issues, fund management work, corporate restructurings, various PRC, Singapore, cross-border joint ventures and share acquisitions, and the preparation, review and negotiation of bank security documentation.
Recent assignments include:
- Representing a Japanese listed corporation in its offshore joint venture with a Hong Kong company for the purpose of their joint investment in the PRC
- Representing a Canadian-based corporation in its acquisition of the manufacturing assets of a state-owned enterprise in northeast China
- Representing a Nasdaq-listed buyout and mezzanine fund in its acquisition of an interest in a Guangzhou-based global producer of model toys
- Representing a Singapore-based regional real estate investment management group in its investment in a Hong Kong-listed property development company’s properties and joint venture development projects in Shanghai
- Representing an NYSE-listed US-based leading electronic components distributor in the corporate restructuring of its subsidiaries and business in various jurisdictions in the Asia-Pacific region, including the PRC, Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Taiwan, India, Philippines and Thailand
- Representing a Chinese airline in its proposed airline joint venture with the Cambodian government
- Representing a Chinese lead-investor in its investment in a pharmaceutical company in the PRC through an offshore investment vehicle
- Advising a fund manager on the establishment of a property development fund focusing on property developments in the PRC
- Advising a Hong Kong property portal company in relation to its investment in a Singapore property portal company
Suat Eng is fluent in English, Bahasa Malaysia and Chinese.