Shayla Harlev is a partner in the Firm’s Corporate Department in Boston. Ms. Harlev has a diverse transactional and corporate counseling practice with an emphasis on representing private equity sponsors in connection with acquisitions and dispositions and other complex transactions. She has extensive experience with leveraged buyouts and dispositions of public and private companies, as well as going-private transactions, minority investments, and joint ventures. Ms. Harlev also counsels private equity sponsor portfolio companies on a variety of corporate and strategic matters.
Ms. Harlev has represented some of the world’s leading private equity firms, including Providence Equity Partners, Berkshire Partners, Thomas H. Lee Partners, and Advent International.
- HMT Inc. (a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners) in its sale of Enardo LLC
- Verde Realty (a majority-owned subsidiary of funds managed by Brookfield Property Partners LP) in, together with certain institutional partners, its $1.1 billion acquisition of Industrial Developments International, Inc.
- Brookfield Asset Management in the $866 million acquisition by BSREP Industrial, L.P. (a Brookfield fund) of Verde Realty
- Torrec Pooling in its acquisition of cellular towers in Chile
- Berkshire Partners in its investment in Torres Unidas and Farm Boy
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in its $400 million acquisition of Fogo de Chão Churrascaria
- AmSafe Global Holdings (a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners LLC and Greenbriar Equity Group LLC) in its $750 million acquisition by TransDigm Group
- Kinder Morgan in El Paso Corporations’ sale of its exploration and production business, EP Energy Corporation, for approximately $7.15 billion
- Advent International in its leveraged buyout of Morrison Supply
- Providence Equity Partners, as part of an investor group in the group's $1.1 billion acquisition of Q9 Networks
- Providence Equity Partners in the $1.77 billion take private of Blackboard
- Univision Communications in the $1.2 billion investment by Grupo Televisa, Mexico's top TV broadcaster
- RealNetworks, together with Viacom’s MTV Networks as JV shareholders of Rhapsody International, in Rhapsody's acquisition of the subscribers and certain other assets of Napster
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in its acquisition of Intermedix Corporation
Ms. Harlev is highly involved in pro bono work and is the outside counsel for the Massachusetts Legal Assistance Corporation (MLAC), an organization that ensures that low-income people with critical, non-criminal legal problems have access to legal information, advice, and representation and is the largest funding source for civil legal aid programs in Massachusetts. Ms. Harlev is also a member of the firm’s diversity committee.
Ms. Harlev is fluent in English, Turkish, and Hebrew.