Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
Sara Duran is a Corporate associate in the Dallas office. Her practice focuses on complex corporate and transactional matters, including representation of private equity firms and public companies in connection with public and private acquisitions, divestitures and investment transactions. She also advises clients with respect to general corporate governance matters and compliance with applicable securities regulations.
Ms. Duran has represented a wide range of clients in a variety of industries, including: General Electric Capital Corporation; Tenedoras Nemak S.A.; Lindsay Goldberg LLC; OMERS Private Equity; BancTec, Inc.; Crescent Resources, LLC; Sigma Alimentos, S.A. de C.V.; Susser Holdings Corporation; Ewing Management Group; Key Plastics L.L.C.; Leucadia National Corporation; Premier Entertainment Biloxi LLC; Silver Point Capital L.P. and Affiliated Computer Services, Inc.
- Thomas H. Lee – Acquisition by THL of CompuCom Holding Corp., a leading IT outsourcing company.
- Berkshire Partners – Acquisition by Berkshire of majority interest in a joint venture for the purpose of building, purchasing, and operating cell towers and related infrastructure in Peru, Chile, Colombia, and Ecuador.
- ALFA, S.A.B. de C.V. – Strategic acquisition by Tenedoras Nemak S.A., a subsidiary of Alfa (one of Mexico’s leading industrial companies), to acquire J.L. French Automotive Castings, Inc.
- Archipelago Learning, Inc. – Take private transaction involving the acquisition of Archipelago Learning, Inc. by Plato Learning, Inc., a portfolio company of Thoma Bravo, LLC.
- OMERS/United States Infrastructure Corporation – Acquisition by United States Infrastructure Corporation, a portfolio company of OMERS, of Consolidated Utility Services, Inc.
- Environmental Resources Management – Sale, under a scheme of arrangement including a management buyout, of a majority stake in UK-based environmental consultancy Environmental Resources Management (ERM) by private equity firm Bridgepoint to Charterhouse Capital Partners.
- General Electric Capital Corporation – Sale of GE Capital’s equipment rental services franchise dedicated to the transportation industry, with the largest trailer fleet in Mexico, to Linzor Capital Partners.
- General Electric Capital Corporation – Sale of GE Capital’s consumer mortgage business in Mexico to Grupo Financiero Santander Mexico.
- Lindsay Goldberg, LLC – Acquisition of majority interest, through a REIT, in Aviv Healthcare Properties Limited Partnership, one of the largest owners of skilled nursing facilities in the US.
- Crescent Resources, LLC – Pre-arranged plan of reorganization under chapter 11 of title 11 of the United States Code, including restructuring of $1,525,000,000 credit facility.
- Sigma Alimentos, S.A. de C.V. – Investment grade offering of $250,000,000 aggregate principal amount of 8.75% senior notes due 2019.
- BancTec, Inc. – Approximately $373 million initial private offering of common stock.
- Key Plastics L.L.C. – Financial restructuring under chapter 11 of title 11 of the United States Code.
- Ewing Management Group – Sale of Key Safety Systems to Crestview Partners.
- Bar Admissions
State of Texas
Southwestern University (B.A., 2000); University of Texas at Austin (J.D., 2004)