Rob is a partner in the London capital markets group. He joined Weil from Shearman & Sterling in April 2011.
Rob has extensive experience in representing both issuers and underwriters in a wide range of international corporate finance transactions. He has overseen high yield debt, investment grade debt and equity offerings by issuers in a wide range of industries. Rob's practice also includes providing advice to corporate clients regarding U.S. federal securities laws, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and other corporate matters.
Relevant experience includes advising:
- ČEZ, a. s. on its $1 billion Yankee bond offering
- Bakkavor Finance (2) plc on its £350 million offering of Senior Secured Notes
- the underwriters, led by Barclays Capital, HSBC and Standard Chartered Bank, on a $320 million offering of Senior Notes by MBPS Finance Company
- the underwriters, led by Barclays Capital and Credit Suisse, on a €350 million offering of Senior Secured Notes by R&R Ice Cream plc
- Ziggo Bond Company B.V., the largest cable network operator in the Netherlands, on its €1.2 billion offering of Senior Notes
- the underwriters, led by Barclays Capital and Bank of America Merrill Lynch, in connection with a €785 million offering of Senior Secured Notes by Kerling plc
- the underwriters, led by Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Cazenove, J.P. Morgan and HSBC, on a £12.5 billion SEC-registered rights offering by HSBC Holdings plc
- AngloGold Ashanti Ltd on various offerings of equity and equity-linked securities, including its $1.58 billion SEC-registered offering of equity securities and mandatory convertible bonds and its $1.7 billion SEC-registered rights offering
- International Petroleum Investment Company on the £3.5 billion sale of shares of Barclays and the sale of £1.25 billion principal amount of hybrid securities of Barclays Bank through accelerated bookbuildings
- Toyota Motor Corporation and Banks’ Shareholdings Purchase Corporation (BSPC) on a $2.5 billion SEC-registered secondary offering of Toyota’s common stock by BSPC
- Central Japan Railway Company (JR Central) and the Government of Japan on a $4.28 billion secondary offering of JR Central’s common stock by the Government of Japan
- the underwriters, led by Morgan Stanley, on a $505 million SEC-registered secondary offering of American Depositary Shares of Ctrip.com International, Ltd. by Rakuten, Inc.
- the underwriters, led by Credit Suisse, on Vietnam's $750 million debut sovereign bond offering
- Malaysia on a $1 billion SEC-registered sovereign bond offering