Volkmar Bruckner is a Corporate partner in our Munich office focusing on private equity and M&A.
Mr. Bruckner has a long track record of representing German and international clients in complex cross-border buyouts, carve-outs and other M&A transactions:
- Siemens AG in the US$7.6 billion acquisition of Dresser-Rand Inc.*
- Siemens AG in the sale of its global water technology division*
- Bain Capital in the acquisition of Bavaria Yachtbau GmbH for more than €1 billion*
- Canadian Solar on various corporate and commercial issues
- Onex in the acquisition of KraussMaffei Group*
- Private equity investor in its intended acquisition of the Energy from Waste business from E.ON*
- Q-Cells and its insolvency administrator in the sale of Q-Cells to Hanwha Group*
- VM Capital (formerly Ventizz Capital Partners) on the joint venture with HOCHTIEF Solutions AG regarding the joint development of offshore wind parks*
- VM Capital (formerly Ventizz Capital Partners) in its acquisition of Sovello AG, the sale of its interest in ErSol Solar Energy AG for more than €1 billion and several other transactions*
In addition, Mr. Bruckner is a lecturer (Lehrbeauftragter) at Erlangen University, teaching courses on private equity and M&A.
Mr. Bruckner is a graduate of Erlangen University (first state exam, 1995). He completed his second state exam (Law Degree) in 1998, and his doctorate degree (Dr. Jur.) in 2001. He also attended George Washington University (LL.M., 1996).
He is admitted to practice in Germany as well as in New York, and is fluent in German and English.
*previous law firms