Mr. Brusser has experience in a wide range of industries, including medical devices, consumer goods, oil and gas, chemicals, retail, financial services, manufacturing, and software and technology. Prior to joining Weil in 2005, Mr. Brusser was a staff attorney at the Federal Trade Commission involved in merger and non-merger investigations in the energy and software industries.
Mr. Brusser has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in Antitrust Litigation by Super Lawyers and named a “Recommended” Lawyer for Antitrust in the U.S. by The Legal 500 USA.
- Represented Willis Group Holdings plc in its merger with Towers Watson & co., a transaction valued at $18 billion.
- Represented Walgreens in connection with the company’s (and Alliance Boots’) proposed acquisition of an equity position in AmerisourceBergen (one of the nation’s leading drug wholesalers), and the strategic, long-term alliance between the three companies.
- Represented Walgreens in its $1.075 billion acquisition of Duane Reade Holdings, an operator of 257 drug stores located in the New York City metropolitan area. Antitrust clearance for the transaction was obtained without issuance of a Second Request.
- Represented Health Management Associates, Inc. (HMA) in connection with the antitrust review of the sale of the company to Community Health Systems, Inc. for approximately $7.6 billion.
- Represented Biomet Inc., a manufacturer of musculoskeletal and biotechnology products, in its $13.4 billion sale to Zimmer Holdings, Inc.
- Represented Medicis Pharmaceutical Corporation, a leading independent specialty pharmaceutical company focusing primarily on dermatological treatments, in its $2.6 billion sale to Valeant Pharmaceuticals International.
- Represented RF Micro Devices, a designer and manufacturer of high-performance radio frequency solutions, in its proposed $1.6 billion merger of equals with TriQuint Semiconductor to form Qorvo, a leading provider of RF solutions and foundry services for communications, defense and aerospace companies.
- Represented aPriori Capital Partners L.P. in its sale of Deffenbaugh Disposal Inc. to Waste Management Inc.
- Represented energy infrastructure company Kinder Morgan in its $38 billion acquisition of El Paso Corporation, creating one of the largest energy companies in the world.
- Represented Johnson & Johnson in its $21.3 billion purchase of Swiss-American orthopedic devices maker Synthes Inc.