He specialises in domestic and cross-border private equity transactions involving acquisitions, disposals and restructurings, together with general corporate advisory work for portfolio companies of private equity clients.
Simon has advised sponsors including Advent International, Blackstone, Cinven, Silver Lake Partners, CVC Capital Partners, HgCapital, Providence Equity Partners and CCMP Capital Advisors as well as Canadian funds such as OMERS Private Equity, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, AIMCO and CPPIB.
Simon is recognised as a leading lawyer for M&A by Legal 500 UK 2015, and private equity by Chambers UK 2016. In 2013, he was ranked in Financial News’ inaugural “40 Under 40 – The Rising Stars of Legal Services” list for lawyers across the U.K. and Europe. He was also selected to the 2014 London Super Lawyers list for his M&A expertise and is ranked as a Rising Star for Private Equity in IFLR 1000 UK 2015.
Representative experience includes:
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board in its minority stake investment in the OGF group
- GE Capital in the sale of its fleet business to Element Financial Corporation
- Silver Lake Partners in, together with Swiss-based Partners Group, the €1.0 billion acquisition of Global Blue
- Advent International in its investment in Quality Care India Limited
- Cinven, Blackstone and CPPIB on the highly complex multi-billion Euro bid for the assets of Holcim and Lafarge
- Access Industries on the takeover of Perform Group plc
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board in its acquisition of a significant minority interest in Lowell Group
- RPC Group Plc, the FTSE 250 packaging business in its acquisition of Ace Corporation Holdings
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in The Ambassador Entertainment Group
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of Civica plc
- The Access Industries, Alfa and Renova Consortium in the $28 billion sale of their 50% stake in Russian oil joint venture TNK-BP, to state-owned oil company Rosneft