Sandra Rutova is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity group and is based in the Firm’s New York office. Ms. Rutova has a diverse transactional practice with a focus on mergers, acquisitions and divestitures involving both private and public companies. Ms. Rutova also advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on a broad range of general corporate, securities laws, fund formation and corporate governance matters. Ms. Rutova is the deputy editor of Weil’s annual Going-Private Survey.
- American Securities LLC in its recapitalization of Aspen Dental Management Inc.
- American Securities LLC in its $860 million sale of General Chemical to Chemtrade
- American Securities LLC in its acquisitions of Royal Adhesives and Sealants, LLC, Grede Holdings and SpecialtyCare
- Avista Capital Partners in its significant minority investment in Trimb Healthcare AB from Healthcap VI, L.P. and company founders
- Centerbridge Partners, L.P. in its acquisition of KIK Custom Products, Inc., its $1.2 billion acquisition of IPC Systems and IPC’s add-on acquisition of Etrali Trading Solutions, and its $1.1 billion take-private acquisition of P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc.
- Centerbridge Partners, L.P. in its substantial minority investment in syncreon Holdings Limited
- Guggenheim Partners, LLC in its sale of Claymore Canada to BlackRock
- Guggenheim Partners, LLC in a restructuring investment in BCBG Max Azria Group, Inc.
- J.C. Flowers in its acquisition of a controlling interest in ELMC Group, LLC
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners LP in its $5 billion acquisition of Copano Energy LLC
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in the $16 billion sale of its entire stake in Archstone Enterprise LP
- OMERS Private Equity in the recapitalization of Document Technologies Holdings and in, together with Harvest Partners, the approximately $1 billion take-private acquisition of Epiq Systems, Inc. and its combination with DTI (Document Technologies Inc.)
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in connection with its acquisitions of Aurora Plastics Group, Inc., PhyMed Management LLC and APCO Holdings, Inc.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in connection with its minority investment in CSC ServiceWorks Holdings, Inc. and its control investment in Flexera Software LLC
- Partners Group (USA) Inc. in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Universal Services of America, LP
- Reader’s Digest Association in its re-emergence from bankruptcy
- TPG Growth and TPG Special Situations Partners in their acquisition of a minority stake in Spotify Technology S.A. and Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of TPG, in its pending business combination with Playa Hotels & Resorts B.V., a transaction valued at approximately $1.75 billion
Ms. Rutova grew up in Prague, Czech Republic. Ms. Rutova completed her LL.B. at the London School of Economics and her J.D. at Columbia Law School where she served as the Co-Head Articles Editor of the Columbia Journal of European Law. Ms. Rutova is fluent in Czech and proficient in French.