Samuel Peca is an associate in Weil’s Corporate Department and is based in Dallas. Mr. Peca assists on a wide range of public and private M&A transactions, with an emphasis on private equity. Mr. Peca’s transactional experience encompasses work in the oil and gas, food, medical and technology industries, among others. In addition to transactional work, Mr. Peca has been involved in counseling clients on matters of corporate governance, fiduciary obligations, and commercial matters, including advising boards of directors with respect to their dealings with activist shareholders and proxy advisory firms.
- Aethon Energy Management (a subsidiary of Aethon Energy), together with RedBird Capital Partners, in the acquisitions of natural gas-producing assets in east Texas and northern Louisiana from SM Energy Company and of the Moneta Divide oil and gas assets, approximately 188,000 net acres in Wyoming, from Encana Oil & Gas (USA) Inc.
- BlackBrush Oil & Gas, LP in its sale to Ares Management, L.P. by EIG Management Company, LLC and Tailwater Capital, LLC
- EnLink Midstream Partners, LP and EnLink Midstream LLC in their $1.55 billion acquisition of subsidiaries of Tall Oak Midstream LLC
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. in its sale of approximately 50% of the portfolio companies held at the time by One Equity Partners to Lexington Partners, Inc. and AlpInvest Partners N.V., and in the formation by OEP professionals of OEP Capital Advisors, L.P.
- Kellen-Wildcat Holdings (a joint venture between Wildcat Midstream Partners and Old Ironsides Energy) in its sale of a 40% stake (retaining 10%) in Wildcat Midstream Holdings LLC to affiliates of Highstar Capital, the owner of the other 50% of Wildcat Midstream
- Kinder Morgan in its $5 billion acquisition of Copano Energy LLC
- Lindsay Goldberg in its acquisition of a majority interest in Dealer Tire, LLC
- Magnetar Capital in its capacity as a holder of preferred equity in connection with the $18 billion merger of Energy Transfer Partners and Regency Energy Partners, and the $7.5 billion merger of Crestwood Equity Partners and Crestwood Midstream Partners
- Providence Equity Partners in its sale of Learfield Communications Inc.
- Southcross Holdings LP in a $210 million preferred equity commitment from Energy Capital Partners Mezzanine Opportunities Fund and GE Energy Financial Services
- TexStar Midstream Services, LP in its combination with Southcross Energy Partners LP to form Southcross Holdings LP
- Affiliates of HM Capital Partners in the sale and purchase of the food and consumer products segment of the investment portfolio of HM Capital’s Sector Performance Fund and a simultaneous $468 million investment from a subsidiary of Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in the purchasing entities
- Various private oil and gas companies in acquisitions and divestitures of oil and gas assets
In addition to his client work, Mr. Peca provides pro bono services to the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program, an organization dedicated to increasing and enhancing pro bono legal services to the underprivileged in Dallas. He was named 2016 Pro Bono “Lawyer of the Year” by the program.
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Peca was an intern for the Eighth Court of Appeals for the State of Texas. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Dallas Bar Association, and the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers.