Ryan C. Taylor is an associate, elected counsel effective January 1, 2017, in the Firm’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. He has a diverse transactional and corporate counseling practice with an emphasis on representing private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in a wide variety of transactions, including leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments, restructurings, financings and dispositions. Mr. Taylor also advises clients on general corporate and commercial matters, including corporate governance issues and other strategic considerations.
Mr. Taylor has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its $1.37 billion sale of Arizona Chemical Holdings Corporation, its acquisitions of Henry Company LLC, Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P., Emerald Performance Materials and Metaldyne Performance Group, Inc., and subsequent IPO of Metaldyne
- AMR, the parent company of American Airlines, in connection with its approximately $18 billion merger with US Airways Group
- Berkshire Partners in the creation of a joint venture with New Balance Holding, Inc. and the acquisition by such joint venture of The Rockport Company from adidas AG, as well as the acquisition of Drydock Footwear from New Balance Holding, Inc.
- EQT Infrastructure in its acquisition of Direct ChassisLink Inc. from Littlejohn & Co.
- F.A.B. Partners LP in its $333 million acquisition of CIFC LLC
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. in its $2.9 billion acquisition of Lender Processing Services, Inc. and co-investment by Thomas H. Lee Partners LP, and IPO of Black Knight Financial Services, Inc, in an up-C structure
- Lee Equity Partners in its acquisition of LDM Group, LLC and its sale of PDR Network, LLC
- NBC Universal and parent General Electric in connection with GE's $37.25 billion joint venture with Comcast for ownership of NBC Universal and Comcast's cable channels and regional sports networks
- A New York-based private investment fund in its acquisition by affiliates of Apollo Global Management
- Verizon Communications Inc. and its subsidiary Terremark in the acquisition of CloudSwitch
Mr. Taylor received his B.A., magna cum laude, from Yale University, and his J.D. from the University of Toronto Faculty of Law School, where he was recipient of the James B. Milner Medal.