Banks Bruce is an associate in Weil’s Banking & Finance practice and is resident in the Firm’s Dallas office. His practice focuses on financing transactions of all types, including acquisition financing, asset-based financings, debt restructurings, and recapitalizations in the United States and abroad, on behalf of borrowers and lenders. Additionally, he is regularly a member of teams advising clients on oil and gas financing transactions, including commodities and other derivatives related matters. He also has extensive experience in public and private securities and corporate transactions, as well as general corporate governance and compliance matters.
During his time at Weil, Mr. Bruce has regularly been a member of teams advising leading private equity sponsors, including American Securities, Advent International, Berkshire Partners, CCMP Capital Advisors, CVC Capital Partners, EIG Global Energy Partners, Genstar Capital Partners, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, and Thomas H. Lee Partners.
Mr. Bruce was named a 2017 “Rising Star” in Banking, Energy & Natural Resources, and Securities & Corporate Finance by Texas Super Lawyers.
Mr. Bruce has played a significant role on Weil teams advising:
- PQ Corporation (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors) in an asset-based revolver and a senior secured multicurrency term facility to finance the reorganization and combination of PQ and Eco Group Services Holdings LLC (also a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors)
- Advent International in senior term and revolving multicurrency facilities to finance the take-private acquisition of Nuplex Industries Limited (New Zealand) by Allnex Belgium SA/NV (a portfolio company of Advent International)
- JAB Holding Company and Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. in multicurrency senior secured facilities to finance in part the investment group's take-private of Keurig Green Mountain
- Vantage Drilling International (f/k/a Offshore Group Investment Limited), a provider of offshore oil and natural gas well drilling services, in senior secured letter of credit and term facilities to finance its exit from bankruptcy
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors) in senior secured facilities
- Brasa (Holdings) Inc. (a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners) in the refinancing of its existing credit facilities in connection with the initial public offering of Brasa’s parent, Fogo de Chão
- Tekni-Plex (a portfolio company of American Securities) in the refinancing of an existing first lien multicurrency facility and second lien facility and the amendment and restatement of an existing ABL
- Metaldyne Performance Group (a portfolio company of American Securities) in its multicurrency credit facilities and in subsequent refinancings
- Southcross Holdings LP in senior secured credit facilities to finance the investment in Southcross by EIG Global Energy Partners and Tailwater Capital
- Goldman Sachs in first and second lien credit facilities to finance its acquisition of PSAV Presentation Services
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in financing its acquisition of Heartland Dental Care
- BroadStreet Partners, Inc. (a portfolio company of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and Century Capital Management), in senior secured facilities to refinance existing indebtedness
- Gores Holdings (a special purpose acquisition company sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group), in its acquisition of Hostess Brands LLC
- Flexera Software LLC (a portfolio company of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan) in a secured, incremental facility to finance its acquisition of Secunia ApS
- Kinder Morgan in its $76 billion in financing its acquisition of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, Kinder Morgan Management and El Paso Pipeline Partners
- Oil and gas exploration and production companies with assets in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and North Dakota in connection with various senior secured reserve based revolving loan facilities
- Basic Energy Services, Inc., in its $164 million senior secured exit facility to exchange its pre-petition term loans for term loans under its amended and restated credit agreement following its bankruptcy proceedings
Mr. Bruce is involved in various community activities, including Big Brothers Big Sisters Lonestar, through which he serves on the board and mentors a little brother. He also serves as a tournament chair for Weil’s “Dodge for a Cause” charity dodgeball tournament held at the American Airlines Center benefitting Vogel Alcove.