During his time at Weil, Mr. Bruce has regularly been a member of teams advising leading private equity sponsors, including American Securities, Advent International, Berkshire Partners, CCMP Capital Advisors, EIG Global Energy Partners, HM Capital, Genstar Capital Partners, Lindsay Goldberg, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, Providence Equity Partners, and Thomas H. Lee Partners.
Mr. Bruce was named a 2017 “Rising Star” in Banking, Energy & Natural Resources, and Securities & Corporate Finance by Texas Super Lawyers.
Mr. Bruce has played a significant role on Weil teams advising:
- UBS, as joint lead arranger, in first and second lien term and revolving facilities for MWI Holdings (MW Industries) (a portfolio company of Genstar Capital Management)
- PQ Corporation (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors) in an asset-based revolver and a senior secured multicurrency term facility to finance the reorganization and combination of PQ and Eco Group Services Holdings LLC (also a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors)
- Advent International in senior term and revolving multicurrency facilities to finance the take-private acquisition of Nuplex Industries Limited (New Zealand) by Allnex Belgium SA/NV (a portfolio company of Advent International)
- JAB Holding Company and Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. in multicurrency senior secured facilities to finance in part the investment group's take-private of Keurig Green Mountain
- Vantage Drilling International (f/k/a Offshore Group Investment Limited), a provider of offshore oil and natural gas well drilling services, in senior secured letter of credit and term facilities to finance its exit from bankruptcy
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors) in senior secured facilities
- Ad Hoc Committee of Second Lien Lenders in a short term, first lien bridge facility for Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation to refinance existing first lien indebtedness, and with Postpetition DIP Lenders in a senior secured exit facility for Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation in connection with its emergence from chapter 11 proceedings
- Brasa (Holdings) Inc. (a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners) in the refinancing of its existing credit facilities in connection with the initial public offering of Brasa’s parent, Fogo de Chão
- Tekni-Plex (a portfolio company of American Securities) in the refinancing of an existing first lien multicurrency facility and second lien facility and the amendment and restatement of an existing ABL
- Metaldyne Performance Group (a portfolio company of American Securities) in its multicurrency credit facilities and in subsequent refinancings
- Endeavour International Corporation in a senior secured credit facility to refinance existing indebtedness
- Southcross Holdings LP in senior secured credit facilities to finance the investment in Southcross by EIG Global Energy Partners and Tailwater Capital
- Goldman Sachs in first and second lien credit facilities to finance its acquisition of PSAV Presentation Services
- American Securities in financing its acquisition of HHI Holdings
- Advent International in financing its acquisition of the coating and resins business of Cytec Industries
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in financing its acquisition of Heartland Dental Care
- CCMP Capital in financing its acquisition of Ollie’s Retail Outlet
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in financing its acquisition of Fogo de Chão
Mr. Bruce is involved in various community activities, including Young Texans Against Cancer (YTAC), the Children’s Cancer Fund, and Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Texas, through which he mentors a little brother. He also serves as a tournament chair for Weil’s “Dodge for a Cause” charity dodgeball tournament held at the American Airlines Center benefitting Vogel Alcove.