Mr. Powell has been part of the teams advising:
- Centerra Gold Inc. on the U.S. aspects of its $1.1 billion acquisition of Thompson Creek Metals Company, Inc.
- Cotiviti Holdings, Inc. (f/k/a Connolly iHealth Technologies and a portfolio company of Advent International Corporation) in its $246 million initial public offering.
- Black Knight Financial Services, Inc. (an indirect partially owned subsidiary of Fidelity National Financial, Inc.) in its $507 million initial public offering.
- Centerbridge Partners in a $225 million senior notes offering to finance its substantial minority investment in syncreon Holdings Limited.
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., as selling shareholder, in the $1.1 billion secondary public offering of 7.9 million common shares of AvalonBay Communities, Inc. and in the $875 million secondary public offering of 15 million common shares of Equity Residential.
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. in its $500 million offering of senior notes.
- Metaldyne Performance Group (an American Securities portfolio company) in its $170 million initial public offering.
- the underwriters in the $110 million follow-on offering of limited liability company interests by Macquarie Infrastructure Company LLC.
- Vantiv, Inc. (a joint venture of Advent International and Fifth Third Bank) in over $2.5 billion of secondary offerings of common stock (including simultaneous secondary and stock repurchase).
Mr. Powell is also a member of the Firm’s Not-For-Profit Practice Group and counsels clients on not-for-profit corporation law and general corporate governance. He received his J.D. from Fordham University School of Law, cum laude, in 2012, where he served as the Senior Notes Editor for the Fordham Journal of Corporate & Financial Law. He graduated with a B.A. in Political Science from Furman University, magna cum laude, in 2005.