Rachel Liebert is an associate in the Intellectual Property & Media, Complex Commercial Litigation, and Cybersecurity, Data Privacy & Information Management practice groups. Ms. Liebert has been part of teams representing and counseling clients on a wide range of intellectual property and media matters, including copyright, trademark, and defamation. Ms. Liebert also has experience counseling on privacy and data security issues.
Ms. Liebert’s intellectual property litigation experience includes:
- Defending Alibaba in federal court litigation involving claims alleging contributory trademark infringement
- Representing Hollywood.com in an action filed in the Southern District of New York alleging copyright infringement and RICO violations based on the alleged unlicensed use of copyrighted photographs by third-party users of celebrity fan sites
Ms. Liebert has also been part of the teams advising on privacy and data security issues on numerous transactions, including:
- Adobe’s $540 million acquisition of TubeMogul
- SK Telecom’s acquisition of Shopkick
- Ministry Brand’s acquisition of Fellowship One