Dilen Kumar is an associate in Weil’s Corporate Department and is based in Dallas. He is involved in the Firm’s representation of private equity firms and public companies in connection with public and private acquisitions, divestitures, and investment transactions. He also participates in advising clients with respect to general corporate governance matters and securities regulation compliance.
Mr. Kumar has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in Texas for Mergers & Acquisitions by Super Lawyers since 2014. Mr. Kumar is also named among Texas Lawyer’s list of 20 Extraordinary Minorities in Texas Law for 2015 for his significant contributions to law and lawyering in Texas. He is an active participant in the Firm's pro bono efforts.
Mr. Kumar has been part of the teams advising:
- AMR Corporation, the parent of American Airlines, in American’s approximately $18 billion merger with US Airways
- Archipelago Learning, Inc. in its take-private transaction involving the acquisition of Archipelago Learning, Inc. by Plato Learning, Inc.
- CEC Entertainment, Inc. in its $1.3 billion take-private by Apollo Global Management, LLC
- ENGIE North America Inc. (f/k/a GDF SUEZ Energy North America, Inc.) in its $1.2 billion sale of FirstLight Power Resources Holdings, Inc. to Public Sector Pension Investment Board and the $3.3 billion sale (and related reorganization) of its portfolio of electric generating plants in Texas, New England, and the Mid-Atlantic, to Dynegy Inc.
- Healthcare Solutions, Inc. (a portfolio company of Brazos Private Equity Partners) in its $405 million sale to Catamaran Corporation
- Kainos Capital in its acquisition of JTM Foods LLC, in the acquisition of Del Monaco Foods Inc. by its portfolio company Kettle Cuisine and in the sale of its portfolio company InterHealth Nutraceuticals, Inc.
- Kinder Morgan in its $38 billion acquisition of El Paso Corporation
- ONCAP Management Partners L.P. in its sale of BSN SPORTS Inc. to Herff Jones, Inc.
- Perella Weinberg Partners in its combination with Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.
- PetroLogistics and its parent, Propylene Holdings LLC (an indirect portfolio company of Lindsay Goldberg and York Capital) in its $2.1 billion sale to Flint Hills Resources
- PL Midstream and its parent, PL Logistics (a portfolio company of Lindsay Goldberg), in the $625 million sale of PL Midstream to an affiliate of Boardwalk Pipeline Partners
- Tecomet in its $450 million acquisition of Symmetry Medical Inc.’s OEM Solutions business
- WPX Energy, Inc. in its $2.75 billion acquisition of RKI Exploration & Production, LLC; its $775 million acquisition of certain oil and gas assets in the Delaware Basin in Texas from Panther Energy Company II, LLC and CP2 Operating, LLC; and its subsidiary Apco Oil & Gas International, Inc. in its $427 million sale to Pluspetrol Black River Corporation
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Kumar served in the Obama administration as an Assistant Counsel in the White House Counsel's Office, and prior to law school, he worked with the Clinton Global Initiative.
Mr. Kumar received his J.D. from Columbia Law School and his B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin. He is a member of the Dallas Bar Association and the Dallas Young Lawyers Association.