Dilen Kumar is an associate in Weil’s Corporate Department and is based in Dallas. He is involved in the Firm’s representation of private equity firms and public companies in connection with public and private acquisitions, divestitures, and investment transactions. He also participates in advising clients with respect to general corporate governance matters and securities regulation compliance.
Mr. Kumar is recognized as a 2014, 2015 and 2016 “Rising Star” in Texas for Mergers & Acquisitions by Super Lawyers. Mr. Kumar is also named among Texas Lawyer’s list of 20 Extraordinary Minorities in Texas Law for 2015 for his significant contributions to law and lawyering in Texas. He is an active participant in the Firm's pro bono efforts.
Mr. Kumar has been part of the teams advising:
- GDF SUEZ Energy North America, Inc. in its pending $3.3 billion sale of its portfolio of electric generating plants in Texas, New England, and the Mid-Atlantic states to Atlas Power Finance, LLC, and in its $1.2 billion sale of FirstLight Power Resources Holdings, Inc. to Public Sector Pension Investment Board
- WPX Energy, Inc. in its $2.75 billion acquisition of RKI Exploration & Production, LLC
- Apco Oil & Gas International, Inc. (a subsidiary of WPX Energy, Inc.) in its sale to Pluspetrol Black River
- Kainos Capital in its acquisition of JTM Foods LLC, in the acquisition of Del Monaco Foods Inc. by its portfolio company Kettle Cuisine and in the sale of its portfolio company InterHealth Nutraceuticals, Inc.
- AMR Corporation, the parent of American Airlines, in American’s approximately $18 billion merger with US Airways
- Kinder Morgan in its $38 billion acquisition of El Paso Corporation
- CEC Entertainment, Inc. in its $1.3 billion take private by Apollo Global Management, LLC
- PetroLogistics and its parent, Propylene Holdings LLC (an indirect portfolio company of Lindsay Goldberg and York Capital) in its $2.1 billion sale to Flint Hills Resources
- PL Midstream and its parent, PL Logistics (a portfolio company of Lindsay Goldberg), in the $625 million sale of PL Midstream to an affiliate of Boardwalk Pipeline Partners
- Tecomet in its $450 million acquisition of Symmetry Medical Inc.’s OEM Solutions business
- Archipelago Learning, Inc. in its take private transaction involving the acquisition of Archipelago Learning, Inc. by Plato Learning, Inc.
- ONCAP Management Partners L.P. in its sale of BSN SPORTS Inc. to Herff Jones, Inc.
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Kumar served in the Obama administration as an Assistant Counsel in the White House Counsel's Office, and prior to law school, he worked with the Clinton Global Initiative.
Mr. Kumar received his J.D. from Columbia Law School and his B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin. He is a member of the Dallas Bar Association and the Dallas Young Lawyers Association.