In particular, he devotes a substantial portion of his practice to distressed debt transactions, including chapter 11 reorganizations and out-of-court restructurings, and advises creditors, opportunistic investors and companies on strategic lending transactions, intercreditor issues and debtor-in-possession and exit financing. He also regularly advises clients in connection with leveraged buyouts and acquisition financing, direct and syndicated lending, bridge, mezzanine and second lien loans, asset-based lending, and cross-border structuring.
Mr. Ratner has played a significant role on Weil teams advising:
- Antares Capital, as administrative agent and sole lead arranger and bookrunner, in $285 million first and second lien senior secured facilities to finance CCMP Capital Advisors' acquisition of Badger Sportswear, Inc.
- Silver Point Capital, Whitebox Advisers and Pioneer Investment Management, as members of an ad hoc senior noteholders group, in an $85 million debtor-in-possession term facility to K-V Pharmaceutical Company.
- Guggenheim Partners, GSO Capital Partners and MidOcean Partners, as lenders, in a $385 million term loan facility for Aspect Software in connection with its emergence from Chapter 11.
- Aéropostale, Inc., a mall-based specialty retailer of casual and active apparel for young women and men, in $160 million senior secured and asset-based DIP facilities to finance its bankruptcy proceedings.
- The Jordan Company in first and second lien credit facilities to finance its acquisition of DiversiTech Corporation.
- Chassix, Inc. (a portfolio company of Platinum Equity) in its $250 million superpriority secured debtor-in-possession and exit credit facilities in connection with its Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- General Electric Capital Corporation, as co-lead arranger and joint bookrunner, in a $600 million amended and restated credit facility, including $100 million of incremental financing, for Axiall Corporation and subsidiaries.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan in $165 million senior secured credit facilities to finance its acquisition of PhyMed Management LLC.
- Apollo Global Management and Guggenheim Partners, as lenders, in $285 million first lien credit facilities for Alion Science and Technology Corporation.
- Instant Web, LLC and affiliates (subsidiaries of IWCO Direct Holdings Inc., a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners and Court Square Capital Partners) in $338 million senior secured credit facilities as part of a transaction in which majority ownership was transferred from Avista to Court Square.
- Citi, as joint lead arranger, joint bookrunner and administrative agent, in connection with an amendment and extension of a $1 billion asset-based revolving credit facility for Tenet Healthcare Corporation.
- UBS and Credit Suisse, as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners, in $405 million term and CHF 30 million ($33 million) revolving credit facilities for Capvis Equity Partners and Partners Group to finance the acquisition of a majority stake in VAT Holding AG (Switzerland).
- Citi and Barclays, as administrative and collateral agent (Citi) and joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners, in $300 million senior secured credit facilities for Beats Electronics, LLC.
- Synchrony Financial (GE Capital’s North American retail finance business) in $8 billion investment grade credit facilities to finance its operations upon its spin-off from GE.
- Guggenheim Partners Investment Management Holdings, LLC, a provider of asset management, investment banking and capital markets services, in a $700 million credit facility.
- Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation, the owner of Foxwoods Resort Casino, in its $568 million senior secured credit facilities in connection with the restructuring of $2.3 billion of debt obligations.