Peter Byrne is an associate in the Firm’s Capital Markets practice. Mr. Byrne advises both issuers and underwriters in connection with public and private offerings of securities and other capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, investment grade and high yield debt offerings and tender and exchange offers. He also advises companies with respect to SEC reporting obligations, corporate governance and other corporate and securities law matters.
Mr. Byrne has played a significant role on Weil teams advising:
- Black Knight Financial Services, Inc. (an indirect partially owned subsidiary of Fidelity National Financial, Inc. and a portfolio company investment of Thomas H. Lee Partners) in its $507 million initial public offering.
- Cotiviti Holdings, Inc. (a portfolio company investment of funds affiliated with Advent International) in its $246 million initial public offering.
- INC Research (a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan) in its $173 million initial public offering.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners, as a selling shareholder, in the $215 million secondary offering of common shares of West Corporation.
- Advent International and Goldman Sachs as selling stockholders in $578 million secondary offering of common stock of TransUnion.
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet Holdings, Inc. and funds affiliated with CCMP Capital, as selling stockholder, in a $358 million block trade of Ollie’s common stock.
- Avolon Holdings Limited (a subsidiary of Bohai Leasing Co. Limited and part of the HNA Group) in its $3 billion senior notes offering to finance its acquisition of the aircraft leasing business of CIT Group.
- Verizon Communications in financing matters related to its $4.4 billion acquisition of AOL.
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings in its $680 million senior unsecured notes offering to finance its acquisition of Prestige Cruises International (a portfolio company of Apollo Global Management).
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Byrne was a Capital Markets and M&A associate at leading law firms in New York and Philadelphia.