Paul has significant experience in providing strategic and transactional advice to lenders, investors, sponsors and distressed corporates in large restructurings. He also has extensive experience in cross-border and domestic formal insolvency proceedings, as well as particular experience in LBO restructurings.
Paul lectures on a variety of topics, with a special interest in the insolvency jurisdiction of the English courts and the use of pre-packaged transactions as a means of implementing restructuring transactions.
Paul is ranked for Restructuring in Chambers UK, where he is praised as a “very creative and practical partner who brings a commercial approach to his work.” He is also ‘recommended’ in Legal 500 as “highly articulate … able to absorb all the facts and often arrive at unthought-of solutions”, and ranked as a “Leading Lawyer” in IFLR 1000 UK.
- Findus Foods, acting for the key stakeholder group
- Eurotunnel, acting for the senior coordinating committee
- Ad van Geloven, acting for the incumbent sponsor on sponsor-led restructuring
- MF Global, acting for the special administrators
- Enron Europe, acting for the administrator
- Various hedge funds in distressed M&A transactions
- XL Airways, acting for the company
- West Ham United FC, acting for the bank syndicate
- Ennstone plc, acting company side in the restructuring of this main market company
- Cheyne plc SIV, acting for the mezzanine investor committee
- Leicester City FC, acting for the senior lender
- Office Metro Limited, acting for the Luxembourg liquidator