Paul has, as part of a team, represented restructuring practices on workouts and restructurings, as well as clearing and investment banks, hedge funds, private equity firms, bondholder committees and boards of directors in corporate restructurings.
Paul has lectured an LLM module on pensions considerations for distressed companies at University College London. He has written articles on a range of restructuring topics and co-authored a report by the Association of Financial Markets in Europe on the potential economic gains from reforming insolvency law in Europe. Paul has also completed a secondment with the investment banking division of Merrill Lynch. Paul is a member of R3 and the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association and is a committee member on the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association’s Associate Committee.
Representative experience as part of a team includes:
- Endeavour Energy in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- Deloitte in relation to the administration of the retail chain La Senza
- the special administrators of MF Global UK Limited in relation to and following the first ever filing under the Special Administration Regime
- in connection to the first ever bankruptcy administration proceedings in the Republic of Kosovo
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in relation to various UK and European restructuring and workout matters
- Ambac in relation to monoline exposures
- the mezzanine investor group on the restructuring of Findus
- the Official Committee of Creditors of Nortel Networks Inc.
- Readers Digest in its chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding
- the pre-packaged administration and sale of the Vanco Group
- Gala Coral Group in relation to the restructuring of £2.8 billion of debt facilities
- Deloitte in relation to the administration of the retail chain Land of Leather