Paul has, as part of a team, represented restructuring practices on workouts and restructurings, as well as clearing and investment banks, hedge funds, private equity firms, bondholder committees and boards of directors in corporate restructurings.
Representative experience as part of a team includes:
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in relation to various UK and European restructuring and workout matters
- the special administrators of MF Global UK Limited in relation to and following the first ever filing under the Special Administration Regime
- the mezzanine investor group on the restructuring of Findus
- the sponsor on the restructuring of Ad van Geloven
- the Official Committee of Creditors of Nortel Networks Inc.
- A U.S. corporation in connection with its compliance with the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
- the insolvency structuring of a notes issue for a leading global issuer
- Readers Digest in its chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding
- the pre-packaged administration and sale of the Vanco Group
- Gala Coral Group in relation to the restructuring of £2.8 billion of debt facilities
- Deloitte in relation to the administration of the retail chain Land of Leather
Paul has lectured and written articles on restructuring topics and also has completed a secondment with the investment banking division of Merrill Lynch. Paul is a member of both R3 and the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association.